Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Okay, don't buy anything from the Creation Club for now.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

mandru

I get the impression from the video that he wasn't that keen on it.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I'm already annoyed without watching that vid and without testing out that CC. It only ruined my favourite game because I can't play it without the modders updating and adapting to that unnecessary *bleep*.

We already got free mods. Why on earth would we want to BUY them now..

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: mandru on August 30, 2017, 02:37:43 PM
I get the impression from the video that he wasn't that keen on it.  :)

He's isn't impressed with the current AAA dev industry at all :gnehe: Notably Ubisoft, Activision and EA.

Art, I agree. Bethesda should treat some of the talented modders as external 3rd party contractors (Certain Affinity develops multiplayer maps/games for other companies) rather than making mods microtransactions. Valve purchased the rights for Counter-Strike (originally a HL1 mod) from the modders behind it.

Art Blade

what angers me the most is that I had to download a ton of *bleep* I'm never going to use. I reckon they made us download all the mods at once so all you need to do is to unlock them by micro transactions.

They're talking mods, right? So, do we download the whole bloody mod central? The whole FO4 nexus? No. We download what we think is cool, test it, delete it, rinse and repeat, and keep what we like.

Have they gone completely bonkers now? Make us download GIGABYTES of mods that we, well, at least I, won't ever touch.

I can already see the next update with more mods to pay for. Download another terabyte of useless mods, every month..  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

Art Blade

Apparently all my mods w0#k, it was only F4SE that needed upgrading. Back in business O0

Dweller_Benthos

So, wait, that 2gigs was all the mods they have available? So they make you download the mods even if you don't want them on the off chance you might want one and then you don't have to download it to activate it, it's already there? So, any time they release new paid mods, there will be a multi-gig update for stuff I don't want? That's stupid.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on August 31, 2017, 07:58:52 AM
So, wait, that 2gigs was all the mods they have available? So they make you download the mods even if you don't want them on the off chance you might want one and then you don't have to download it to activate it, it's already there? So, any time they release new paid mods, there will be a multi-gig update for stuff I don't want? That's stupid.

Sounds like something UBI*bleep* would do - makes perfect sense to me  :-X

Art Blade

Just to be clear: they didn't say any of that. I said it ("I reckon they made us download all the mods")

I said that because.. what else could it be?

By the way, some mods need updating. Especially the achievements mod (along with F4SE)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12465/?#content

Art Blade

my affinity with Valentine is now at the maximum and I got his perk. :) Cool story around his character and the side missions were plentiful. :thumbsup:

I think I'm going to grab Curie now  :anigrin:

KingRat

When I loaded up the game on the xbox last night I noticed I now have the "creation club" in the main menu  :banghead: Needless to say I don't plan on clicking on it, and all my mods seem to be working ok?

Art Blade

it's a bit different when you're playing it on a PC. I'd say a few mods needed to be updated but not all of them. I needed just the achievement mod update and that script thingy "F4SE."

Anyway, I got Curie around now. A bit strange: Not a second after her transformation / memory transfer, she gets up and sparks a cig. Her idle animation is smoking a cig. The 3D model is a little borked, a cig is sticking out of her wrist when she lets her arms hang down. And every time she's not holding something like a tool or a weapon in her hands, she's holding a lit cig, even during conversations  :-\

By the way, note the subtitles.. :anigrin:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

According to reddit, at least 600MB of the update is new assets that are "approved" to be used by CC mods. The further reddit opinion is that aside from the gratuitous money grab the CC is, it is also a Sony approved way to have mods on their precious console which must never be touched by the great unwashed of lowly fan made mods.

Valentine has some great side stuff, one of the better companions. Also the best one to take to Far Harbor.

Seems your Curie is taking after my Piper in the bad habits department. Somewhere along the line, my Piper picked up smoking as well. Any time she's not actively doing something else, she's smoking. I think one of the updates messed with the percentage that certain idle animations are used and now nothing floats to the top of the RNG except the smoking one.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳