Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

sounds a tad bugged but maybe I'm mistaken. I'll have to see what the Railroad comes up with next. So far, I have had no problems. The Doc is arrogant, yes, but his behaviour seems to have changed after I cleared out some place together with Glory who apparently was so impressed she had to tell everyone, including the Doc. He isn't exactly charming now but at least not as arrogant anymore.

I'll try and complete whatever they've got until I reach a level that starts the quest Underground Undercover which I am not supposed to finish in order to keep all factions alive and at peace of sorts. That's when I'll start the BoS quest line.

Art Blade

I came across two side missions. One I knew about, the kid in the fridge but until now I was never in the vicinity. Done. And one I only heard about recently without knowing anything except there was a submarine ghoul involved. I thought it might have been Far Harbor but it is a main game side quest. So I have to pick up some parts to help make that sub Yangtse seaworthy and those parts happen to be in the forge. Back then, in mid-July, I had to rescue some settler, respectively bring back the family heirloom, a searing shishkebab. I remember I outfitted that guy with random armour and all that so he had a fighting chance and let him go. And today, back in the forge, I find him there, still wearing MY GEAR!!  ??? :laughsm:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

OH! I found the explosive bobble-head there, too! I read somewhere that there was supposed to be a bobble-head but I didn't find it back then (too nervous? lol) so YES, got that one, too O0

OH wow :D I only just now found the "farm run by ghouls" everyone keeps mentioning. The Slog. Haha, this is crazy..  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Nice. I had the stuff to fix the sub long before I ever triggered the quest. I always poke around everywhere and if something can be picked up, I pick it up. If it's worth something, I sell it, or scrap it, and it's usually at that point I find that it's a quest item and it gets stored away and forgotten about.

The Forge is a tough fight, and a lot of people head there too early and have a hard time of it. There's also a magazine somewhere in there too.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I might have found that magazine in July. I was early when I got there, sort of, but not too early. I remember that I had to be extra careful not to get that settler killed, specifically because those forgers were very keen on trying the moment I started attacking. Oh, they were back, too, even some of the original quest's forgers. Weird.

I have a ton of quest items I can't get rid of on one hand and on the other, I don't know what it's good for, just like you described it. For instance, that ghoul farm The Slog, there's some guy who designed those buttercup ponies or whatever they're called, and turns out that when I ran into him the second time (out of curiosity because the first time I was able to tell him where to find spare parts to w0#k with, I remember having looted that place) I got a different dialogue option and I was able to give him a holotape with a pre-war recording of his wife and daughter -- which obviously I had been carrying around for ages.

LowPolyOWG

50% off on Steam now ???
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

59% off if you buy the GOTY bundle with all DLC.

41,34€  ??? :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the Arlen Glass quest for the buttercups, is a real sad one. Too bad after you give him the stuff, he just disappears, there's no more interaction with him. But you get the pony toy from him which is a small version of the pony you can use for decoration somewhere.
D_B

Art Blade

yep, I stashed it away along with other toys and figurines and tidbits I collected elsewhere.

Art Blade

Yesterday I built the teleporter with the minutemen to be able to get to the institute. I was curious and with a quicksave, I tested it. Unlocked an achievement, a tad early, though :anigrin: Here you can see "New" Sanctuary and the blue glowing thing is the top of the huge teleporter. Sturges is on the rooftop of the powerhouse where I installed the antenna and the console where he's standing at, ready for me to teleport. He'll have to wait a little until I'm ready for that  ;) The damn thing is loud and sounds like an old steam locomotive idling in a railway station.

PZ

Fallout 4 sounds like a marvelous game, but requires way more time than I have available right now. My problem is that if I play a game for a while, then life projects interfere, I cannot remember the controls nor the strategy when i return to the game.  :banghead:

Art Blade

that almost sounds as if you wished you hadn't retired. :anigrin: Then again, you've probably got equally little time for gaming as you did while you were still working so it doesn't really make a difference. You should have your after-w0#k w0#k schedule revised. :gnehe:

By the way, I don't think that it requires much time. It's more like I enjoy playing it so much that I spend a lot of time playing it :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

How many hours of playtime do you have now?  :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

919, since June 22 of this year, so in almost exactly four months. :)

Of course there has also been Forza Horizon 3 and Hitman that I keep playing in between.

Dweller_Benthos

Wow, I only have 651 hours in, and I thought that was a lot.

Too bad after you do use the teleporter, it self-destructs and won't look that cool anymore. But it will be quiet. The ruins of mine are rusting on top of the wall of the castle. I already had way too much stuff built at Sanctuary to build it there.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 19, 2017, 08:47:09 PM
that almost sounds as if you wished you hadn't retired. :anigrin: Then again, you've probably got equally little time for gaming as you did while you were still working so it doesn't really make a difference. You should have your after-w0#k w0#k schedule revised. :gnehe:

By the way, I don't think that it requires much time. It's more like I enjoy playing it so much that I spend a lot of time playing it :gnehe:

For sure, some days I wish I had not retired, yet on the other hand I am having a great time. Most of my days are spent on projects around the house that I have not been able/willing/had time for. For instance, a generator/tool shed in my back yard that I just finished today.

Despite the current administration claims that there is no such thing as climate change, the weather in my area has degraded to the point where I spent $4500 on a new generator because we loose power so often. Funny thing is that I lost power for the entire day two days ago as I was building my generator shed, and it is not even winter yet  :D  Good thing I had the generator to power my tools.

I now have a plan in place for water and heat should I lose power for an extended time - never thought I would need to do so.

Tags:
🡱 🡳