Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

check this vid if you want to take a look at "my Sanctuary" :) It's my oldest career, my first and main character.

fragger

I'll have to watch that later, don't have time right now. Just enough to post a comment :gnehe:

I have actually found the Abandoned House, and the three tapes therein. But I missed it on my first two playthroughs, only found it in the last one.

Another location I only just discovered is south of Hub City Auto Wreckers and east of Finch Farm, just across the water from the latter. There is a flight of stairs that leads down to the water's edge, where a partially open door can be found set in a bunker-like structure. Inside that is another door labelled "Pumphouse", beyond which is a basement with a door that is opened by solving a combination-switch puzzle of sorts. I'll say no more, but there is a unique goodie inside.

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, Art! Just typical of a settler to show him where his bed is and then he wanders around all night, lol.

Maybe I'll make a quick tour of a couple of the places I've built up. I for sure don't have as much stuff stored away as you, just most of the special things. I also don't recognize the names of the people those clothes come from.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thanks :) This version of Sanctuary belongs to my first and therefore oldest character with whom I spent the most time in FO4. Since I have been cheating, I didn't have to sell anything which is why I stored so many weapons, ammo and clothing items. Also, he's the one with an incomplete collection of comic books and bobble heads. I'll have to fix that :anigrin:

The people's clothes belonged to the staff of the Airship (a whole room full) and some side quests and some DLC-characters. The ones I didn't open the mannequin menus of were mostly made of random gear.

fragger

Nice vid, Art :thumbsup: You have some cool layouts and interiors, nice w0#k :) I like that restaurant-type area inside the concrete building - in fact I like what you do with your decorations and furniture overall. And the marquee with all our names on it at the beginning was a really neat touch O0

Heh, "NEW Sanctuary Hills" :anigrin: Good one!

I do the same thing as you with the main road into Sanctuary by lining it with those same street lights. Makes the place look lived in :gnehe:

All the stuff you have stored away there - blimey, I thought I was a hoarder ??? Actually, I hoarded about as much as that the first time around. Lately I keep stuff that I know I'll use and sell everything else, except for one-off weapons like the Cryolator and the Junk Jet, and unique character outfits which I hang on to for display's sake.

Were some of those containers from a mod or something, like the wall safes and ammo boxes? I don't think I've ever seen those in the build menus.

That array of PA suits looks like a high-tech version of the Terracotta Army 8) With power armour, this time around I'm only keeping the X0-1 gear and selling the rest. Nothing but the best for this wasteland vagabond :gnehe: The only other ones I keep are the specials like the Vim suit from Far Harbor, the Quantum suit from Nuka-World, and the like. I might not use them, but they look too cool to sell, so they go on display instead.

This game (and the last) I keep all the civvies and their jobs in the SW part of Sanctuary, near the bridge, and have the roundabout end for my own structures. Seems to w0#k out better that way. I don't put anything inside the houses except beds, but despite that Mr. Vault-Tec has a habit of hiking all the way up to my end of town to sleep in my 4th-floor bed, even though he's surrounded by them down his end (unless I get to my bed first, i.e. before midnight). I get that the guy likes me, but (ahem) he's pushing the friendship a little :undecided-new:

I've found that MacCready is really good for putting on guard duty at Sanctuary. In my current game, he has his own office near the bridge (with the Security Desk inside) and a Gunner-style guard post across the road from it. He always stays at one or the other and doesn't go walkabout like some of the other former companions I've tried giving the job to. He's a crack shot too, which is a bonus. Also in Sanctuary I have Mr. Vault-Tec manning the General Store, Ann Hargraves (from WRVR radio) on a Clothing counter, and will later have Curie adorning a Clinic once she's been synthed-up. I like kind of matching up characters' story roles to their new jobs. I don't keep all of my former companions and employable characters in Sanctuary, pretty much just the ones above. I tend to keep the others with their "own kind" once their affinities have been maxed. Preston ends up at the Castle, Ada goes to Greygarden, Hancock lives at The Slog, and so on. Strong goes somewhere by himself so he doesn't distract me with his incessant chin-flapping while I'm trying to plan stuff.

I also like giving Settlers particular clothes to reflect their jobs - it makes it easier to tell who does what outside of w0#k hours. Farmers get Road Leathers, bar tenders get Tuxedos with Formal Hats, general traders get Clean Tan Suits and Fedoras, soda jerks get Baseball Uniforms with matching caps, and so on. Guards get good combat armour and weapons, natch, and once I get the know-how, ballistically-woven Military Fatigues to wear under their armour (they get Vault-Tec jump suits until then).

Art Blade

thank you :)

First off, yes, I use a couple of mods. You may have noticed how the "NEW Sanctuary" sign is free of vines, same goes for most of Sanctuary: I removed a lot of trash, rubble, vines and so on. And indeed, I use a home maker mod that allows me to put safes into walls and all that.

Since I swapped out my save games and restored my original first career, it's exactly as you said: the first time around, I kept everything. The other careers, by far not as much. I sorted most of the different types of items. You may remember that wall full with first aid boxes. There I have all ingredients that can be eaten or drunk, from veggies over meats to not radiated conserves as well as drugs and beverages.. except the Nuka World drinks which are next to that brewery station outside the building with that collection of power armours. Hehe, yes, Terracotta Army is quite fitting :)

I too have dressed up the people so I can tell by their looks what their jobs are. Those who tend to harvesting all wear a chef's hat; those who are bar tenders wear a tux and so on. :)

Because of a mod that prevents attacks on settlements, I don't have to assign guard duties but before that, I too chose MacCready and Hancock and Preston for that matter, they were doing quite OK.

Meanwhile, I have completed the comic book and bobble head collections. I had to add a rack for the last books and now they're all filled. :)

And again (did that during a different career) I removed the markers for NPCs to hammer nails into walls around my "garage" building. Man, I hate that non-stop hammering, and now it's gone :anigrin: I used a mod for it that allows to remove vines, rubble and all that, and I noticed I could remove markers for special activities such as mad hammering ;)

Dweller_Benthos

Well, I went and made a video of the stuff I've built. Now that I look at it, most of it wasn't very good, I usually just plopped stuff down with little thought to form or looking good, just enough to accomplish what I wanted or needed for a quest. So we start in the castle where I spent a good amount of time mostly building up defenses. Then on to the vault where I also spent a good amount of time, mostly getting the power to w0#k right, heh. Then on to Sanctuary where I spent the most time and even then it's still just a lot of random stuff placed around. I thought most of the buildings were empty but then found some armor stands in some of them, and then found out why: the building I was using for armor stand display got so crowded that the frame rate drops significantly in there. So I started putting stuff in other buildings to make it run a bit more smoothly. Then in the power armor building, I'm almost positive I had all those display stands occupied with various power armor types, but a lot of them are empty now. So either the settlers are stealing them and leaving them someplace I've not found yet, or they are glitching out and disappearing or falling through the floor or something.

Anyway, here it is in two parts, for some reason, shadowplay no longer wants to make videos longer than 11 minutes. I suppose I could break down and get a decent video editor, but I wanted to get these up sooner rather than later.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

nice vids, D_B :)

Hehe, those search lights that go offline despite being on the power grid, yeah. :)

Nice stuff you've collected. It hasn't occurred to me that those NW recipes can be displayed, I might take a look into that. The power armour collection is also very impressive. I noticed some that I didn't know of, like that green VIM version and that yellow one with a ram's head of sorts, I think I destroyed that guy during the battle against the Mechanist, if it was that guy sitting on a weird throne. I'll have to check that out, too. Also I need to get those VIM recipes for ice cold versions.

Pretty cool stuff, D_B :thumbsup: :)

Art Blade

I am currently working on my loadout and outfit so I can fight without godmode. I think it's time for that kind of change in my FO4 gaming style. I'll still use godmode when it comes to construction as I can't be bothered to start collecting concrete and all that :bigsmile:

I killed a couple of enemies with my knife and I am amazed at how deadly those VATS attacks with a knife are. 12x sneak damage.. I can take out virtually everything with that. :evil2:

I also need to carry drugs and stuff with me to patch myself up and cure myself from radiation and all that which is why I changed all my armour at the w0#k bench from ultra-light to deep-pocketed so I can carry more stuff. I can now stash 400 what, kg? away in my pockets. :)

BinnZ

Quote from: Art Blade on September 22, 2018, 03:57:39 PM
I am currently working on my loadout and outfit so I can fight without godmode. I think it's time for that kind of change in my FO4 gaming style. I'll still use godmode when it comes to construction as I can't be bothered to start collecting concrete and all that :bigsmile:

I killed a couple of enemies with my knife and I am amazed at how deadly those VATS attacks with a knife are. 12x sneak damage.. I can take out virtually everything with that. :evil2:

I also need to carry drugs and stuff with me to patch myself up and cure myself from radiation and all that which is why I changed all my armour at the w0#k bench from ultra-light to deep-pocketed so I can carry more stuff. I can now stash 400 what, kg? away in my pockets. :)

Fight without godmode? You're getting there man  :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

yeah, it's starting to amuse me. :gnehe:

I realised I didn't have the upgrade for the Thirst Zapper so I had to go all the way to Nuka World in order to grab those Project Cobalt Schematics. Now I'm loaded with explosives :gnehe:

Also, I realised I hadn't yet unlocked the Red Rocket settlement in NW. Now I have :anigrin:

Art Blade

some exploration around Red Rocket in Nuka World without godmode but with a sharp knife, explosives and other weapons, fighting lots of ghouls, super mutants and raiders. Watch that ghoul fly from roof to roof! Also, watch how Dogmeat opens a chained door for me :) Have fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA4Yiaqhqcg

Art Blade

And FINALLY, it just had to be done, I got my 100% completion for Fallout 4. :anigrin:

Unfortunately, there was one achievement, I kept it for last, that required me to do 12 missions for a Nuka World under-boss. Hard to do that if you had killed all of 'em. Well, good old Damascene Blade and her savegames made it possible :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

Congratz Art! Nice mastery O0 :)
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳