Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

wow, that's a great discovery O0
Imagine sending that synth ghoul over to the institute, the clean, clean institute.. :D

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

T.V.

Quote from: fragger on January 01, 2019, 09:50:12 PM
- the Mechanist's Lair. Since there is no dirt or water in the place to put in any water pumps, the only way to get water in is to establish a Supply Route with some other, water-rich settlement (or so I've read). Same with Food, the options for which don't even appear in the ML's Build menu (not even the Planter Boxes).
Not quite right, there are two spots of dirt to put water pumps in, up at the highest ledge in the very north of the build-able area.  :lamp:
You should at least be able to put a "10" unit pump, and two "3" unit pumps there.

But food and some other stuff, like a recruitment beacon, is not possible to put up without "helping" the workbench a little :evil2: :
Spoiler
Stand in front of the workbench, open the console and click on the workbench, then type:
addkeyword 5A0C8
addkeyword 246F85

This can be used at the Boston Airport and Home Plate as well, expanding the build menu.  O0

Art Blade

interesting "addkeyword" commands. :)

Isn't it possible to build those flat square things you slap on the ground, like a small patch, to grow stuff on? I used those somewhere else when I wanted it neat and tidy.

T.V.

Quote from: Art Blade on January 03, 2019, 12:33:03 PM
Isn't it possible to build those flat square things you slap on the ground, like a small patch, to grow stuff on?
It is one of the things that are not available in the menu, unless You "help" the workbench in the Mechanist's Lair...  ;)

Art Blade

AHHHhhhh.. got it O0

And actually, +1 :thumbsup: :anigrin:

fragger

Quote from: T.V. on January 03, 2019, 11:05:52 AM
Not quite right, there are two spots of dirt to put water pumps in, up at the highest ledge in the very north of the build-able area.

Really? I must have missed those. I could have sworn I looked everywhere. Evidently I didn't :gnehe:

Cheers :) And thanks for the additional console info!

mandru

T.V. that "addkeyword" prompt is indeed an interesting console usage. +1  :thumbsup:

Is it a permanent addition to a settlement or does it need to be refreshed each time you visit to keep it active?

Also I'm wondering if I can open the console and lift ID codes off some of the different wall and ceiling bubble turrets found within the game and then by using "addkeyword" code add a new level of defense to my installations.

There's an institute Heavy laser bubble turret variety that is absolutely murderous.  :evil2: *Rubs hands together greedily*

- mandru

Art Blade

fragger

Actually, yeah, that info deserves a +1, T.V. :)

I only just discovered that I can ride the roller coaster inside Nuka Galaxy now that I've restored the power. It's quite a fun ride, but if it was real, there'd be a few whiplash suits against the park, I'm sure :gnehe: I also managed to get onto the Ferris wheel in Kiddie Kingdom. A bit more stately than the roller coaster, but there's a good view from the top of the wheel.

T.V.

Thank's for the kudos!  :bigsmile:

Quote from: mandru on January 04, 2019, 05:47:23 PM
Is it a permanent addition to a settlement or does it need to be refreshed each time you visit to keep it active?
It is permanent.   8)

Quote from: mandru on January 04, 2019, 05:47:23 PM
Also I'm wondering if I can open the console and lift ID codes off some of the different wall and ceiling bubble turrets found within the game and then by using "addkeyword" code add a new level of defense to my installations.
I found the codes in the wiki (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_settlements#Console:_Building_all_objects_at_internal_workshops), so I do not know of other useful "addkeyword" commands...  :sad-new:

It's an interesting wish, though, adding those Institute turrets to a settlement.  :evil2:

Art Blade

yep, it is indeed, hehehe :evil2:

T.V.

I've desided to leave FO4 for a while, since Steam claims I have played this game for over 3000 hours, and I have not played other games since May 2017...  :o
So it is time for some other "inputs", even though I'm not tired of FO4 yet (I'll be back to this game later).
I have a purchased, and gotten for free, lot of games since I started with FO4.  ;)
Now it's time for some "old-school" BioShock.  8)

In the mean time, I noticed some of You had a settlement or more, up to 100 % happiness.
It is possible to get all of them up to 100 %, even those "impossible" ones like Graygarden:
Spoiler

Here are screen shots from just after adding a number of "Lost revenue" editions of the Slot machine, and a while after:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The 6 "people" are the original inhabitants, so apparently "machines loves machines".  :gnehe:
I think it requires around 3 - 4 times of slot machines, to the ammount of "people", to get it up near 100 %.
Here I've used 26, so it boosted past the 100 % without adding other "happiness" objects.
I's a costly solution though, requiring 500 caps a machine...
And a tip if trying to reach 100 % happiness:
To see the "target" happiness (the happiness that any recently added object, or "disaster", will result in) one can use this command on the workbench (after selecting it in the console):
getav 00127238

Another tip:
If You cant find enough room for a settlement on the ground, You can build in height over the troublesome area, like the way I've done at Costal Cottage:

This is a full grown settlement of 20-something settlers, with all shops (making caps), and acting as a HUB for provisioner's between Far Harbour and other settlements in the "mainland".  :)

mandru

Thanks for that happiness tip T.V..

I'm going to run right out and fix Graygarden and The Slog right now.  :anigrin:

- mandru

Art Blade

:anigrin:

nice one, T.V. O0

I think your example with those slot machines to get up happiness to 100% is proof that nothing like beds, lights and all that matters. :thumbsup:

Tags:
🡱 🡳