Subject One

Started by BinnZ, March 10, 2019, 11:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

Tell me what you see on the following picture:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

A person in a rather apocalyptic looking setting taking aim at an unknown target with what appears to be some variant of an AK-47 rifle.

Oh, and the broken branch on the right side of the tree looks like a dog barking.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

war. and an Ak-47. And the guy is wearing adidas trainers. :gnehe:

fragger

Looks like an IS or revolutionary-type fighter in a makeshift camp of some sort, possibly in either Afghanistan, Egypt, or somewhere in the Middle East. There are crude tents and what looks like a bomb crater, but also like some sort of excavation. There is a brick shed with a padlock, a tree, and what looks like a knocked-over BBQ in the foreground. There are rough mud-brick walls, either a refugee camp, shanty-town or rubbish dump in the middle-distance, with odd piles of dirt or something beyond that.

Why do I get the feeling that this is some sort of perception test or trick question...? :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

I think we're being experimented on......
D_B

nex

I suspect BinnZ was there and he lost something Mrs BinnZ gave him for his last birthday.
He doesn't want to let on in case Mrs Binnz finds out about it,
so now he's hoping one of us will spot it so he can go back there and fetch it... :evil2:
Respect is earned, not given.

BinnZ

:laughsm: O0

Good one nex...

No, to be honest, it is indeed a certain type of experiment. But not of the scientific type, more like a curiosity test. I noticed some things in the picture too and I was wondering what others would pick up... I mean, there's so much to see in that pic...
I also picked up the broken BBQ and of course the fighter, even his Adidas. But I somehow had the feeling this guy was posing for the shot... and I had the idea he was aiming at his own refugee camp, instead of at the side where possible enemies would come from. I saw the tents, which all look relatively peaceful, and the guy stands on what looks like a dirt pile to the side of the camp site. And the direction he's aiming at you can see two orderly parked white vans. Below the barking dog, more or less.
What also intrigued me was the lock, at the left, next to the dark hallway of whatever building we are looking at. You could easily imagine that this fighter just came out of that dark hole to start the sudden assault on one of the last remaining ISIS strongholds.

The caption: An SDF fighters defends his position in the eastern Syrian town of Baghuz. Photograph: Bülent Kılıç/AFP/Getty Images

If you're interested in the source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/10/sdf-launches-assault-on-last-isis-enclave-in-eastern-syria
"No hay luz"

fragger

I thought maybe there was going to be some kind of incongruity in the photo, like an item that doesn't belong, or that the light and shade made up a hidden image, or there was something hidden in plain sight that told a different story.

I even thought it might have been a screenie from some new game with hyper-realistic graphics. I was straining to catch sight of any pixels, dithering or anti-aliased jaggies that would give it away :anigrin: It is getting hard to tell these days.

A couple of times when I was playing GTA V, I would place my character somewhere with a view, then go to make coffee or go to the toilet without pausing the game. Coming back and seeing the scene on the monitor even from a short distance, I would be struck as to how authentic it looked, like a life feed from a CCTV camera or something. That game can be extremely photographic, complete with a seemingly limitless variety of wandering people and realistic traffic flow. Got to be one of the most meticulous game worlds ever.

LowPolyOWG

It could have been photoshopped, as I noticed the blurred fighter. He looks low quality compared to the background. Anyway, there was a debate aired on national television regarding the childrens and their parents who deliberately joined ISIS and have nowhere to go to. The debate focused on whether their home countries should take their children back home or let them stay. A very tough and difficult discussion, as we haven't seen that as an issue.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Looking at the image full screen at full resolution, it looks like the camera focused on the wall behind the fighter, and not the fighter himself. He does appear a bit out of focus, but I don't see any obvious photoshopping involved. If they are indeed attacking an ISIS camp, you can imagine there would be tents, some buildings and even vehicles as ISIS had control of the region for some time and would have occupied/taken what they needed from the local population. My only concern is that if there is indeed an enemy out of range of the picture to the right, the fighter doesn't appear to be taking any kind of cover, I'd at least be behind the tree.
D_B

PZ

Looks like a less than convincing actor pretending to be a terrorist

nex

Agree with you PZ, especially the way he stands and the way
he holds the rifle, when holding an assault rifle by the ammo clip
will jerk it out of your hands the moment you pull the trigger.
Respect is earned, not given.

Tags:
🡱 🡳