Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Well, something that confuses me

Quote from: OWGKID on April 25, 2019, 04:56:26 AMthey will now have a small chance to always drop regardless

a small chance = almost never
to always.. regardless = ?

what now? Either almost never or always.. lol

I think they meant: they will now always drop if you're not carrying any and also have a small chance to drop even if you're already carrying some.

Dweller_Benthos

Hey maybe I can play again, that would be nice. The black screen at start wasn't as much an issue than it crashing if you used the mouse at all. But maybe they are related, I dunno.

Many people on their forums have been complaining about the adrenaline issue and the fact that a lot of the battles are tough in single player and seem to be geared towards co-op and there's no real single player difficulty level. But it seemed Binn didn't have much issue, though I thought those fights he posted videos for were a little slanted towards the hard side for one player. I can see them being much easier with two and almost too easy with a four man team, especially if all players have those rocket launchers. Or two players with them and the other two as support to mop up spiders and runners so the first two can concentrate fire on the big guy.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on April 25, 2019, 06:36:27 AM
I think they meant: they will now always drop if you're not carrying any and also have a small chance to drop even if you're already carrying some.

Yes.

PZ

Dang, the videos look great, but a deal breaker for me are the robots. One of the reasons my favorite game of all time is FC2 is that there are no robots, aliens, bosses, etc., all of which detract from the game for me. I can deal with dumb stuff like the grapple hooks in Just Cause, but any opponent that is not "real" leaves me a bit bored.

Kind of like D_B not playing 3rd person games, I tend to avoid games with unrealistic opponents.

nex

I agree with you PZ, it looks great and a lot of action, but all those little things coming out of nowhere attacking you,
and then those BIG guys, you throw everything at them including the kitchen sink and he's hardly batting an eye
Respect is earned, not given.

BinnZ

:laughsm:

A kitchen sink :thumbsup: :D

That is true. It isn't exactly realistic given the fact that everything takes place in the eighties. However, nowadays those robots wouldn't be so unrealistic when it took place in current times. And they move quite lively. I stopped really looking at them being robots. More like spiders, dogs, soldiers and elephants. Only the flying things don't appear natural, more like nowadays drones.

I am happy with this hotfix, and it is nice they come relatively quick with it. I am curious what will be done with the loot on enemies. I hope it will be like before, it used to be pretty balanced. And it is super nice they cured the Win 7 and 8 issues. But I seriously don't understand a word of what they say about the adrenaline shots. To be honest, they acted perfectly well before the update. The only problem I experienced and agreed with, was the fact that you could easily stack up more than 30 of them because they were laying everywhere. That way it was literally impossible to get killed. I even sometimes just stopped using medkits since I knew I would survive anyway.
Now, after the april update, you don't find them that often. If you don't have any, you will find one or two relatively quick, but when you have 3 or 4 of them you won't find them that often anymore. That way the game is more the way it's meant to be. You have to be careful at times and prepare your battles.
This new 'fix' is relating to something I don't, and didn't, experience at all, if it has to do with their behaviour in your inventory. Like if they stack there, or fall out, or drop into the inventory. I seriously don't get their note concerning the latest fix.
Anyway, I'll see for myself now and will report any changes later :bigsmile:

D_B, come visit me later if you are able, I have two very nice weapons for you, that you will probably be able to use right away, since ammunition is quite common. A sniper and an SMG. Both special with good attachments. Some special too, some exceptional. And if it is correct that they fixed the lack of weapon-loot-drops on the Harvesters we will find more soon O0
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Yay!!! We have a new player in Sweden!!!! Welcome aboard OWGKID! So nice that you join, I'm going to get you up to steam if you want to.... oh damn, now I'll have to find a nice weapon for you too :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

lol nex, kitchen sink! :D

Like PZ, I prefer "human" enemies over robots and other stuff, too, even though robots are kind of realistic. And I like it when a game makes the enemies talk as if they had a very flat head, like the mercs in FC and the guards in Hitman. The kind of dialogue among them that cracks me up makes a game so much more lovable :) Guard: "Wait here! If you're in trouble, RUN!"

and have fun guys :) Trio infernale O0

BinnZ

Oh yes, we will be pretty deadly! :gnehe:

A little update on the 'new' or 'restored' loot system; it is indeed the way it used to be, but seems to be even better now. Big enemies, not just the Harvester but also the Tank will drop special weapons AND attachments. However, not all of them. And it was meant to be that way: the ones that drop these features are the so called FNIX types. Each type of robot has three different types. You have the regular ones, that look like rusty, brown painted ones, then you have the millitary ones that have camo paint and more armor attached and finally you have the FNIX type. Those last ones are almost black and have red wires and hoses on them. They have the toughest arsenal carrying around. Those last ones drop special weapons. The others, especially the military ones, drop good ammo, like .50 rounds and High Explosive Dual Purpose rounds (for the rocket launcher).

I haven't noticed any changes to the adrenaline behaviour. I think they are (and were) referring to buggy behaviour of those, apparently not happening to all players. So yeah, another big improvement after all! Thumps up for Avalanche Studios!!! O0
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

BinnZ

It was so cool to meet you in the game, GKID!

I am impressed by how quick you find your way in a new game like this. Of course you already had some info from the topic, but within a couple of hours you managed to not only find super cool weapons (Special grenade launcher and special .50 sniper) but also you managed to find out how the different vision attachments w0#k (even the wall-hack vision as you name it, that until today seemed totally useless to me) and you managed to mark enemies with an unlocked skill!

I found my very first special .50 sniper myself too shortly after that, by dealing with a bunch more tanks and harvesters and I even found (finally) the special extended magazine for the AK74 I was looking for the last week :bigsmile:

Yes, big improvements have been made by today's fix. The only thing that still needs a fix now as far as I can say, apart from a bunch of floating objects in the game and an occasional map hole, is an achievement related to picking up apparel (clothing). It requires you to pick up 200 different items in the game and I already have picked up 332. Still nothing. I checked online and there's still no one who got the achievement according to statistics of these achievement tracking sites. I guess they will address that soon too ;)

Oh and there's one more thing I found out; enemy appearance is definitely more challenging after you complete the story missions. So chaps, when you have the mission "Behind the Curtain" listed, make sure you're up for the extra challenge and have completed preferably all other side quests because once you complete that mission you will be given the credits and a notice that "it has only just begun", basically meaning that the amount of enemies will have at least doubled :o
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

fragger

I'm interested by how some of you non-native English speakers found nex's "kitchen sink" comment to be highly amusing. "Everything but the kitchen sink" is a very old and common figure of speech in English. Basically it means an excessive amount of something. In addition to the way nex used it, you could also say something like: "You've got everything but the kitchen sink in here" (you have accumulated too much clutter and junk). I'm surprised you fellows haven't come across it before :gnehe:

But then, nex has another expression which he has used a couple of times which I'd never heard before: "Pulling the dam out from under the duck's arse". I love that one :D

Tags:
🡱 🡳