Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

:thumbsup: :anigrin:

Don't you find it amusing to read, everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink? Like, everything and more? :)

nex

Thanks fragger, being a jovial person by nature (not so'd you notice) and over the years working together with many people in different
environments I picked up a number of expressions and also thought out one or two my self 
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Some screenshots:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Aiming on a weak spot. Which is the exposed fuel cell

It goes BOOM  :anigrin:

The Object Penetrating Vision does w0#k, but it works best if there are less objects around your target. Here's a BinnZ behind a tree.

The "Full Vision" module mod installed on the scope. Note the three colored dots displaying the modes available, blue = OPV, green= NV, red = IR

My character's inventory, prior to getting some other stuff/looks.

Quote from: BinnZ on April 25, 2019, 02:27:07 PM
It was so cool to meet you in the game, GKID!

I am impressed by how quick you find your way in a new game like this. Of course you already had some info from the topic, but within a couple of hours you managed to not only find super cool weapons (Special grenade launcher and special .50 sniper) but also you managed to find out how the different vision attachments w0#k (even the wall-hack vision as you name it, that until today seemed totally useless to me) and you managed to mark enemies with an unlocked skill!

I browsed the wiki/official Discord/YT for some info. :anigrin:

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

nice. :anigrin: O0

Binn behind the tree looks as if he was.. well.. let's not go into details here. :-X

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

Met up with Binn last night and he gave me those high powered weapons, which were nice, until I ran out of ammo for them, lol. So I'll store those and go back to my other ones for the time being. Then we ran into a glitch or map hole, or at least I did, as I fell through the ground into the void, which teleports you up again, only to fall back through the ground, ad infinitum nauseum. So, even after fast traveling to a safe house didn't fix it, I had to quit the game and restart, this was after already restarting once due to a crash. After Binn left I was exploring a bunker and the game crashed again so I took the hint and quit for the night.

But it was great fun the two of us blasting robots together, and I could even just let him take care of them while I looted the area, the game is definitely more fun with a team.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

you may or may not know Binn's motto: "killing is very important." :anigrin:

So you keep looting, he'll keep shooting :gnehe:

BinnZ

:laughsm:

Yep, that's me :bigsmile:

Nice screenshots G. But what a crazy chaos in your inventory :o

Time to sort things out I Guess :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

PZ

BinnZ

Coming back to the topic of adrenaline shots: I think Art was right. I was confused by the 'dropping', thinking about how it behaves when 'dropping in your inventory' or maybe when 'dropping while using'.
Playing after this fix I noticed I keep finding adrenaline shots when I already have 4 or 5, but not as often as before. So they sort of found an intermediate between before and after the april update. So 'dropping' means how it 'drops' into the world, in loot boxes you may find. Duuh :banghead:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

yeah, I took it they meant "item drop" as in "the *bleep* that you want to collect" :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

This game definitely need some rebalance of weapons. .50 cal AP ammo just do 8% extra damage on weakspot to targets :angry-new: :banghead:

Just discovered that the blueprints let's you scan the robots for stats (armour/component health etc)

That robot is disarmed :laughsm:

Rocket pods on the harvester. Disabling them makes it an easy kill :)

PZ

The .50 cal doesn't seem too realistic.  :huh-new:

Some parts of the military uses dozens of different kinds of .50 cal rounds for various reasons, some armor piercing. These are deployed using a sniper rifle of one kind or another. The rounds are impressive - they have a tungsten core in an explosive projectile. Evidently when one of these rounds hits a tank turret, you see sparks fly from the impact, and the tungsten pin is designed to pierce the armor of the turret, the high velocity of which then sucks the incendiary part of the explosion through the hole into the turret killing everyone inside.

Dweller_Benthos

Ouch, wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that. Which reminds me of the old TV show A-Team, where Mr T gets injured and they bring him to a doctor to get patched up. She's on the phone with the cops of course, because she has someone there with a gunshot wound. She's looking at his leg and telling the person on the other end that it "looks like he got shot with a .50 caliber" while he has a smallish red spot on his leg. Um, no, a .50 cal to the leg and there would be no leg left, I'm afraid. That just goes to show how people who make TV shows and movies have no idea how powerful guns are. Like when you see someone in a gun battle with AK47s and they are hiding behind empty 55 gallon drums. Um, no, an AK would shoot right through that.

Anyway, here's a video, only 5 minutes, so Binn can stand to watch it, where I try to figure out a truck with extra doors, then get ambushed by five, yep, five hunters right outside my supposedly "safe" house. It cuts in after the first two are dead by rocket launcher, because I wasn't recording. But you'll notice the ammo count on my launcher goes from three to zero after shooting the next couple rounds, which was a bummer as I then had to take out the other guns to mop up the rest. Also a surprise when a runner pulls his namesake move on me, but there's a hunter corpse in the way, so he pushes it right into my face. Made me jump, that's for sure!

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Kind of a funny story - because of the devastating power of the .50 cal, the military outlawed the use of the .50 cal on people because the weapon is supposed to be anti-material, so those that were clever at working the system simply shot the AK-47 they held in front of the bad guy. Of course, the round cut the AK in half as well as the person behind it. However, technically, they did not shoot the person, they shot the weapon - plausible deniability.  :gnehe:

Another stupid rule: as a sniper, under certain circumstances there needs to be two shots heard when killing someone, one being the warning shot, and the other being the kill shot. The way the guys on the ground got around that rule - shoot to kill in the first shot and then fire the warning shot afterward, therefore two rounds heard when someone was sniped.

I guess the take home lesson is that people need to make better rules if you expect them to be followed.

Tags:
🡱 🡳