Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

cool story, PZ, if a tad frightening ;)

Nice editing job on that vid, D_B, I can tell you're using OpenShot. Strange 4-door lorry haha :anigrin:
I liked the barn fight :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah a little more experimenting with Open Shot, to make it a bit more presentable. It has a few idiosyncrasies to w0#k around, like for instance, adding a title over the video (for the numbers counting the hunter bodies) it also adds a fade transition automatically. I kept wondering why my ending transition kept getting messed up, until I realized there were three or four stacked on top of each other from adding the titles.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Well, I got some quests broken, so I decided to nuke my original save and start from scratch :banghead: Yes, I took a backup of it. Anyway, the save was also bugged when it came to multiple characters. Quests getting broken and crash to desktop when joining another friend with different character. Let's hope starting fresh will let me finish some bunkers. :bigsmile:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

that's a bummer having to surrender a career because of bugs :(

Good luck with the new one O0

LowPolyOWG

Yep. Anyway, there are some great areas for getting the yellow 5-crown weapons, notably the airport in the Farmland/Northeast Coast. Also, reloading the game makes the game regenerate loot tables/enemy archetypes :gnehe: I will do the bunkers first, then make a different character.

For weapons, I am now running a 5-crown Sjöquist shotty/Klaucke-17 and a blue .50 cal.

Quote from: PZ on April 27, 2019, 09:18:15 PM
Kind of a funny story - because of the devastating power of the .50 cal, the military outlawed the use of the .50 cal on people because the weapon is supposed to be anti-material...

Probably due to the Raufoss Mk_211.

Art Blade

haha :bigsmile: you found out how to pick over the same area while getting different loot and enemies by reloading, that is clever O0

LowPolyOWG

Yep :anigrin: Funny, the shotgun is actually better than the .50 against most enemies. It shreds weak spots on enemies. Only downside is that you need to get close to enemies with the shotty. Hope a buff will come to the Pansarvärnsgevär :)

Art Blade

does that rifle's name translate to "tank defence rifle?" (like, tank buster)

LowPolyOWG

Yes, more like "anti-tank rifle". The Swedish military calls it an "Automatgevär 90C". Sweden was the first to order the Barrett M82 and the U.S Army ordered 125 models for testing after that. The in-game model doesn't look like a proper M82 though.

How it realistically should look (from CoD4: Remastered)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Generation Zero model (without optics attached)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

BinnZ

That's a bummer G, indeed. I hope you get a good clean game after reinstalling though. Apart from some tiny issues I am experiencing (like a bugged achievement called Fashionista, requiring 200 items of apparel while I have 330 at least) I find this a pretty stable game. I can't state that since I know both your stories, but at least for some it is ;)

I discovered that truck too, D_B! I thought it is probably a double placed identical prop. You only see there's two when you make something move. Strange however that the doors close together, instead of one by one :huh-new:
There's at least one more of these double items.

Yesterday I was searching for the last missing collectibles. The last cassette I had to find supposed to be in a red car in a small garage. Found the garage, but no car. Checked again the entire street to be sure it was the right garage; it was. In my game somehow the car disappeared, and all that was left was a floating cassette :D
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

BinnZ

I also found a car (Blörk in-game, SAAB in real life) in a barn somewhere in the Mountains. When I came closer to inspect it (I did that because it looked very odd, having all types of items attached to it giving it the impression of a space ship) it ascended a bit and flew off!!!
Today I wanted to see if I could find it back to make a recording of it, but to no avail. Maybe it was a one time Easter Egg, maybe I was crazy, maybe I didn't search in the right farms today. However, on my search for the correct one, I stumbled upon a group with 4 tanks! 2 of them were FNIX with special weapon drops, the other were military. There were Hunters too, and some runners, and an awful lot of ticks. I managed to down them all, but I used up almost my entire stock of adrenaline shots, health and bullets.  :anigrin:

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳