Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: BinnZ on April 29, 2019, 10:00:29 AM
That's a bummer G, indeed. I hope you get a good clean game after reinstalling though. Apart from some tiny issues I am experiencing (like a bugged achievement called Fashionista, requiring 200 items of apparel while I have 330 at least) I find this a pretty stable game. I can't state that since I know both your stories, but at least for some it is ;)

It runs great indeed. No, I didn't reinstall, I deleted my game save located in C:/Users/My Documents/Avalanche Studios/<random string of numbers>/save. Backed it up, just in case there will be a patch resolving those issues. Unlocking the bunkers at the moment and I am at lvl 15
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

I don't know if I want to start a new game but the alternative is to go back to everywhere I've been and see if there's something to interact with to start those quests again. It worked for the bunker network one, I went back to the last big bunker and looked at the mission board and that quest popped back up. The rest of the ones I had though are still gone except for a couple. Then there is another one marked on my map because I found the bunker that has a clue for it, but it stays marked even though I've searched the bunker and found nothing, and the quest isn't listed for me, so I think I have to find other clues for it.

Binn, do you mind if I use the video from us killing those tanks in my game and upload to Youtube?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

That's okay D_B, no problem. You may do that whenever you want, just ask when my voice is part of the recording  :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

yeah, same here.. I really don't want to find a vid by chance with my recorded voice in it.

Dweller_Benthos

OK, thanks, we weren't on voice then, so no worries about that.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

You can always make it unlisted. I have done that on some of my videos I posted here.

Sadly, Uttern was still bugged for me :banghead: I guess the devs are working hard on fixes, but they are probably working on RAGE 2. Hope May-June will have a lot fixes incoming

BinnZ

I hope so too, because I really hope you guys keep enjoying the game. Uttern being bugged is shitty, it really is the best loot bunker. Skansen is also good though, and Hermelinen, but Uttern is deffo the best.

By the way, guys, I have some extra special items in my inventory I couldn't leave behind while looting bunkers and Tanks I destroyed. I hope I can make you happy with some of those. If not I think I'll ditch them for more inventory space. I'm very close on reaching max level (30) on my first character. I want it to make it a Marksman specialized character then. I plan on doing a bit of research on the bullet drop of various sniper rifles. I do notice bullets impact later when travelling a larger distance, which looks quite accurate. However, I have the feeling that the .50 bullets have a bullet-jump instead of a bullet drop. At larger distances I have the feeling I have to aim lower than the actual target to hit it :huh-new:
I might be mistaken, I probably am, but to be sure I'd like to test a bit. I'll keep you guys posted.

Now about the extra equipment / attachments I have:
Special extended magazines for all assault rifles (AI 79, AG 4, AG 5) and for both SMG's (M/46 Kpist, HP 5).
For assault rifles I also have a Special barrel extention and a silencer.
For SMG's I have Special silencers and a compensator.
I have a fully upgraded Special .44 Magnus (with scope and compensator).
I also have a variety of Special scopes extra: the 1x4 scope, the 4x8 scope, the 6x12 scope AND the 8x16 scope for the .50 rifle.

I am still searching for a Special 12G Pump Action. And I lack a Special magazine for the Möller PP and the Klaucke pistols.
May you have one of those double and can keep the inventory space occupied, please do so. I've been looking for these items everywhere and can't seem to find them :anigrin:

Edit: Found those, only lack the magazine for the Klaucke :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Apparently, level 30 isn't the max level yet! I can continue to level 31. Howver, I got my Marksman Specialization now, which means complete elimination of all weapon sway. So perfect for sniping 8)

Oh, and I also have a Special Pistol Silencer if you need one, and a Special Meusser Hunting Rifle AND the .50 Sniper Rifle ;)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

just reading that stuff almost makes me want to get those items myself :D

I'm glad that you've got a running game and are having fun playing it, after all the nonsense you had to endure with that broken motherboard. O0

LowPolyOWG

The game do needs some weapon rebalance ;) Being in the official GZ Discord, I have seen some devs talking about a reduction of Adrenaline shot stacks. They might settle down on an inventory cap of 10, rather than 20, buff the drop rate of adrenaline shots (not back to pre-nerf levels, but slightly higher). The .50 has a high viewkick when aiming with the 8-16x scope and the tracers isn't that visible, compared to the lower magnifying 6-12x.

LowPolyOWG

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The new char's inventory

Found two FNIX tanks stuck in the woods :laughsm:

Art Blade

BinnZ

Wow, nice picture of those Tanks GKID!
It's funny to see that you already got both shotguns as a special version... I've been searching for days to find them :bigsmile:
But I had the 'luck' to be able top play in between the April update and the Hotfix, where there were no weapon drops at all, from those big ones :anigrin:

There's one Special weapon version that is absolutely *bleep*, that's the Möller PP. The gun you pick up at the start of the game. The special version has such bright green dots on top (for aim assist I reckon) that you can't see what you're aiming at anymore due to the shine they produce at night time.  :laughsm:
But it's a shitty gun anyway so who cares really :gnehe:

"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

I'm still muddling along and I think the game hates me. I found the small bunker safehouse where there's a jet fighter parked in it's hangar, and in the field across the road is a tank that apparently never goes away. I usually sneak out into the woods behind the bunker and head down the coast. After looting a small group of houses, I'm in the last one and TWO tanks come down the road. They start wandering around outside essentially trapping me inside the house. I have no rockets, so I start pelting them with sniper rounds and whatever armor piercing rounds I have. It takes half an hour to bring both of them down. I use up most of the decent ammo I had plus over half my health packs and adrenaline shots. I have video of it, but need to edit it extensively to make it worthwhile to post.

After that, I wander down the road to the next farm and get pinned inside a barn by a bunch of runners and hunters. I have one of the doors open to be able to shoot out of, but apparently they can get through the big barn doors and a runner gets inside. There's a car with a tarp covering it parked inside, you can't open the doors on these, so I assumed they were just decoration. No, they are not, as the runner that's inside does it's dash attack, it runs into the car as I was using it for cover. The car proceeds to explode nicely, taking out the runner and me. I revive and start working on the hunter with my limited ammo. He walks up to the door and can just barely fit through and hammers me. I die and don't bother using a shot to revive and abandon the fight to respawn in the safe house, and then quit.

The game really annoys me when enemies can just phase through walls to get at you. I have video of this, still working on getting it edited, or the fact that they will just spawn right next to you in a room that was empty five seconds ago.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳