Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

thanks for the info on corel, at least I know it's not a free prog.

The scans look cool but damn, son, those crashes and bugs.. I hope that they manage to fix that soon. Else it's as you said in a YT comment, worse than a Bethesda game because they at least don't crash that often.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah Corel isn't free, the new version is out for 2019, not sure what the cost is. But I've been using it at w0#k for decades so I know my way around it and get things done fast, which helps.

Binn says he doesn't get nearly the amount of problems I do, being on windows 10, so it's just another incentive to upgrade but I just haven't found the energy to do that yet.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

I got the next level of that perk D_B, it makes it possible to see the distance of the enemy. I don't understand why it didn't give you any info on that hunter's armor, but it's a prototype. They don't have much armor if you ask me. However, it ought to give you much more info on critical parts and such, so you definitely miss some info there... Maybe a bug? :-X

It is true, I haven't had any crash or weird issues since that last update, except for world items not acting the way they should. Floating items I mean. And of course this one achievement that still is un-unlockable :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

what windows you on, Dweller? 95 or 98?

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: BinnZ on May 24, 2019, 08:23:31 AM
I don't understand why it didn't give you any info on that hunter's armor, but it's a prototype. They don't have much armor if you ask me. However, it ought to give you much more info on critical parts and such, so you definitely miss some info there... Maybe a bug? :-X

Missing the blueprint? You need to unlock them to see stats on enemies ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

:main_ideas:

Hah, of course! Clever, G! O0
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Major bug fixes deployed :)

I guess they will do mega-patches every month or so :bigsmile:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

sounds good :) They do that for Hitman 2, monthly updates and bug fixes :bigsmile:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I don't have too many blueprints, so that must be it, I think I've only found two or three of them.

The update list looks like they've fixed a bunch of things, hopefully the bug where I can't strafe left while aiming is fixed, though I doubt it.

Windows 95? What is that? Windows 3.11 all the way!
D_B

Art Blade

ah, right :) yeah, I wanted to sound futuristic.

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

yeah. I hated windows. And finally we had to use it because they started to develop games exclusively for windows.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I liked it better when you had to fiddle with with AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files in order to get the memory settings right and free up the interrupts to allow your new sound card to w0#k. Pish on all this autoinstall and configure nonsense.

Well, got the new update and I still can't strafe left while aiming. I might look up their bug reporter and see if that's already been listed. I see they just eliminated the loot score instead of trying to fix it, since apparently it's too hard to count how many loot crates there are in an area and total them up for the game to keep track of.

Tried out "photo mode" which has the usual options like lens settings, filters, etc, except that I couldn't figure out a way to easily go into third person view and move the camera around. Essentially, it's just a fancy screenshot option from your point of view. So no hero pose over a wrecked robot. I did get it to go into 3rd person with the emote menu and could swing the camera a bit then go into photo mode, but the options are still limited. I'd rather they fixed some other bugs. But at least it didn't crash on me tonight.

Here's the shot from photo mode, at a lookout point where you can start up a campfire. Not sure if that's new or not, but there you go.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
D_B

Art Blade

#flatearth  :gnehe:

does the game support Ansel? Probably not.. Ansel is essentially an Nvidia 360/3D panoramic screenshot overlay.

Dweller_Benthos

Don't think so, the photo mode is pretty limited. I mean if you can't go third person and pan the camera around, why bother? In the shot above I'm standing on the edge of a cliff and it's foggy so you can't see the ground in the valley below.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳