Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

A new quick video, showing the car from Back to the Future, that I find in a barn. Plus I use the Holy Hand Grenade on a harvester and it does nothing, not sure what the deal is with it, probably just a joke I guess? It takes 12 rockets to kill the thing and I get two grenades for loot, nice.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:anigrin:

nice vid, mate, and nice thumbnail :) Funny how you can't use vehicles yet that trash version of a DeLorean even flies away. Should have been accessible/usable.

That harvester was a troll. Plays dead and kills you, soaks up tons of big explosives as if they were toy crackers.. really annoying. And indeed, the loot was like a slap in the face after all the effort.

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks, yeah I did put a little effort into the thumbnail. Apparently the Holy Hand Grenade was added in the last update or so, and people have tried several ways to use it but it does nothing, or just disappears from your inventory (sound familiar?). Thoughts are that it's either just a joke or something to do with the upcoming online events, whatever they are.

It also doesn't help that I stepped on my own landmine!

I so wanted to be able to drive the flying car! They had an online poll a while ago and one of the questions was what did you want added, and I answered drive-able vehicles, but only since it was multiple choice and none of the answers was to be able to sleep away the night. That is something that bugs me, the nights last way too long in this game, I want to be able to skip them.
D_B

Art Blade

Yeah.. doesn't sound like fun. And yes, sounds familiar.

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 01, 2019, 01:07:51 PMIt also doesn't help that I stepped on my own landmine!

HAHAHA! Love it. Don't we all :anigrin:

BinnZ

Hmmm, I haven't even tried GZ after the May update. To me, it was a massive letdown that they didn't cure that bugged achievement, the Fashionista. Is that so freaking hard? Man....
What they did was changing the experience in the first small islands, so 'starters' would have a better idea of what the rest of the game would be like. And all that based on player feedback... Well, that's nice but all those players giving feedback won't ever do that again, since you can't start a new playthrough without loosing all your progress on your characters, or at least that's what I think it does.
Your video shows their tweak on the 'proper behaviour of explosive weapons' seems to have resulted in an even worse explosive power. You wasted 12 grenade rockets, 2 hand grenades AND 2 mines on that Harvester??? That's more than the double of what you used to bring to take it down....
And that golden hand grenade can only be taken as a joke. How did you find it btw?

So nothing new, except for a joke, and even less powerful weapons. They did something to the .50 sniper too. Not what most players asked for; make it more powerful, but something related to the reload animation. That's SOOOO important...

I haven't been complaining about the game much, but the way they treat their updates and bug fixes is really letting me down now... instead of fixing things they make things worse. And they pretend to add new stuff which they don't.
I am done with what the game has in store so far, I was hoping for something new. Or at least some improvements. But they just, again, completely rearrange they way loot and weapons behave. Silly.
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Thought, let's give it a try and see what actually changed... Didn't notice any immediate changes until I tried to connect to other players. That seems to have been completely bugged. I tried over 5 times and every time I did the game crashed. Great! :undecided-new:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

all of that, I mean everything you guys have reported so far:

+ a good idea for a game (robots in Sweden in the 1980s)
+ nice graphics
- reminds very much of DayZ like, zombie (turned robots) survival, "again?!"
- overall: clumsy
- patches are complete game-changers and even make the game worse

I'd say, that's a rip-off and a display of utter incompetence. They're driving away angry customers :sad-new:

LowPolyOWG

So, pretty much Failout 76  :laughsm:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there are a lot of complaints on their forums about the way explosives and damage in general is handled now. Also they changed to loot system so that supposedly the starter island is either harder or easier, depending on who you listen to. But that change also messed up all loot in the rest of the game, making some certain loot (tool boxes) completely empty. And those are where you usually find health packs and adrenaline shots. So after a while you are running out of those.

Same complaints about loot from bigger enemies, they don't have any and they take much more ammo to take down than they give in loot.

I found the holy hand grenade in a storage shed, one of the locked ones, in a pile of regular grenades. Apparently you have to "cook" it for exactly three seconds (like in the movie) before throwing it or it does nothing. I haven't seen or read of anyone actually doing this. You'd need a person sitting next to you with a stop watch telling you how long to hold it, unless you're a human clock and can count exactly three seconds.

The loot system again needs to be fixed and I think I'm putting the game up until they release the next patch that fixes that, as it is, essentially half the loot boxes you find are empty because of it. And unless they fix the more difficult enemies, I'll just avoid them, not only is it a waste of ammo to fight them, it's boring. I was questioning whether to even include that harvester fight because it's five minutes of me reloading a rocket launcher and shooting it, there isn't any action once the runners are taken out, it's just reload, shoot, reload shoot, repeat until it's dead. Not fun, no need for tactics or strategy, just the ability to carry enough ammo with you.
D_B

BinnZ

I think you nailed it D_B. It's sad to see this game to the shelve, because indeed that's where I'm putting it now. I will return not before they fix their stupid loot patterns and that darn achievement (so I can finally get the 'perfect game', something I already have acquired long ago) and open up a new island.

Sad but true.  :sad-new:
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Looking at the posts on their forums, the issues have been acknowledged, but whether they will be fixed or not is another thing. The next update is coming in a few weeks I guess, so we will see. I'd like to finish the main story at least, but with essentially no loot to resupply with, it's impossible to play.

When I mentioned it took 12 rockets to take out that harvester, it was admitted explosives in general and rockets in particular were way underpowered. Then it was mentioned a high level tank (FNIX) requires 34 (yes THIRTY-FOUR) rockets to destroy. I'm not even going to bother until something is done about that.
D_B

Art Blade

??? :banghead: that is insane. Sounds as if they just guessed what might be a good value and never tested it before release.

BinnZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 04, 2019, 08:24:20 AM
??? :banghead: that is insane. Sounds as if they just guessed what might be a good value and never tested it before release.

Not exactly. They changed it 'because they thought the explosive damage needed tweaking'. A FNIX tank used to take 11 rockets to take down. I've done it many times so I know what I'm talking about. I even found out that if you have the explosive perk it will only take 7 or 8. So they either tripled the damage a tank can take or they divided the rocket power by 3.
I seriously think this is a very bad tweak. It used to be hard, but it was acceptable. They need to be hard, that's why they're tanks. The harvester D_B was struggling with took me, before the update, only 5 rockets. With the perk only 4 I guess, not sure. And now? triple that, man!
And what they did to the loot is ridiculous. The loot was fine. Although there were some minor errors, like the FNIX hunters would drop shotgun ammo. Shotguns are really a starting area weapon. And the FNIX are advanced enemies only common in the north. You need assault rifles or rockets to take them out, so why drop shotgun ammo? The prototype hunters, that only spawn in the first few islands, would drop assault rifle ammo and rockets, I mean, serious. Instead of fixing these lousy errors they decide yo mess with the entire system. As if you're playing Early Access, like DayZ back in the days, where you had to find bugged sessions in order to get some descent loot, lol.
It's just plain stupid. I don't understand what was wrong in the starting islands, I disagree with the so called player based feedback that they needed more challenge and 'feel of what the rest of the game would look like'. Those reviewers were probably the 'best mates ashore', thinking they know it all.
*bleep*. I think a development team should have at least a descent trust in their own ability of designing a complete world along the lines of their own ideas.

Now we have a messed up game, unplayable for both beginners AND veterans. They ruined it by not following their own ideas and go crazy on some feedback. That's how I see it.
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty much, seems like they listened to a couple players who whined about it being too easy because they play games 18 hours a day and finished the game in a few days.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳