Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

all of which is silly what the devs did

nex

I'm sure developers get their "reviews" from Pro Gamers    ??? :banghead:
Respect is earned, not given.

fragger

Shame about all that, you guys were enjoying the game (despite some of the other glitches you reported). Sounds like maybe the devs listened to the wrong people.

BinnZ

Yes fragger, that's what I think. Or while listening they forgot to stay true to their own ideas. Anyway, they also lack a good overview of their settings, since every bugfix creates a new bug, and anything they fix to the loot mechanics fucks up something new :undecided-new:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

if you wait long enough (for all those upcoming patches) you'll end up with a totally different game and don't even have to pay for it :gnehe:

Whether you like it or not is a different question.

BinnZ

Hehehe, yeah probably ::)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

all in all, I'm a little sad with the development. I remember your utter enthusiasm and I was hoping to find here tons and tons of cool stories, screenshots, videos.. Now it's so far from that that I doubt it will ever be to you and the rest of you what you wanted it to be. Let's wait and see, perhaps they realise their mistakes and fix the game properly.

BinnZ

I feel the same sadness. It was to be beautiful. But a shadow came and blocked the purple sun and now we are wandering in the gutter of steam sales again, or in Los Santos River for that matter :undecided-new:
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Well, the "community event" is ongoing, much like the ones in Far Cry or No Man's Sky it's a basic "how many of XYZ enemy can everyone kill over the next two days?" type of thing. I don't know the exact number, but it's a certain amount of hunters that need to be killed. The DLC that will be the reward will be for everyone though, so you don't even have to try for this one. I think it's only cosmetic clothing upgrades anyway. Needless to say their forums are full of posts about them getting their priorities right and how about fixing the game before they do a frivolous contest? Anyway, the game is still playable, I did some last night and killed my quota of hunters - two - so I did my part. Then I took out an FNIX tank that only took three landmines, four rockets, tons of AP 50 cal rounds and tons more 5.52 AP rounds plus about 5 or 6 grenades. I think I got 3 rounds of 50 cal AP as a reward along with some other generic stuff like an EMP bomb and a silencer for a weapon that's left behind on the starter island.

Oh, one thing I found out, you can hold your breath while aiming, which isn't listed in the controls list so you might not know about it. Apparently it's hard coded to the space bar while aiming, and you can't re-map it because it's not in the list of controls. Of course, almost every other FPS game that has the hold breath ability has it on the shift key, but hey, let's be different, right?  :banghead:
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Although you made me laugh thanks to your well-measured sarcasm, it is at the time making me want to cry. The icing on the cake is the hard-coded undocumented function of the space bar.

WHAT THE F.

Dweller_Benthos

That was the reaction of a lot of people on their forum, apparently it's either more obvious or documented on the console version as people with that version seemed to know about it more than the PC players.
D_B

Art Blade

one more example of what made me think about the devs being incompetent or ripping you off. I mean, if they had only run out of time to add the description before release deadline, they should have added it by now. And hard-coding something that, as you rightfully said, is commonly found on the shift key to something weird like the space bar is.. ignorant at best.

Dweller_Benthos

I mean this is the same dev team that made some other game, right? So they should know what the usual configuration is for the most common controls. So they either decided specifically to do it that way or it was some kind of oversight. I guess they aren't dedicating 100% of their resources to this game either, and it kind of shows. The thing is, unlike some other games where you can at least edit an INI file to change some things that aren't in the game menus, even the INI file for the game doesn't list that as an option, it's just not anywhere. You definitely get the feeling the game was a side project and a bit rushed.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

that's just tons of new loot, ammo and weapons. :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳