Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Well, say what you want about Hello Games, at least they didn't take a month off in the middle of prime release season. They had another hotfix yesterday, matter of fact.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

in other words, Generation Zero players are even worse off :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Eh, about 50-50, Gen Zero at least doesn't have (many) game breaking bugs, and you can play it, just that half the loot you find is empty, and it a shooter-looter game, that's a big deal in my book. NMS is actively getting updates every few days now, and for me, really the only one that bugs (hehe) me is the keybinds not working, otherwise I don't have many complaints, the odd crash now and then though those are getting less frequent, I actually exited the Nexus last night with no problems, so it's improving.
D_B

Art Blade

so that "bugs" you  :thumbsup: :anigrin: nice one ;)

Alright, then.. I'll leave my NMS game on my HD and wait a bit more. I was close to deleting it

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it may surprise you one day, who knows?
D_B

Art Blade

it would pleasantly surprise me by auto-deleting itself. Maybe, one day..

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

LowPolyOWG

Speaking about patchnotes, here they are

August patch
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Well, that's a nice list of changes, hopefully they all actually w0#k. Getting loot again will be nice and a place to store extra guns and ammo will be helpful.
D_B

Art Blade

good luck, then, fingers crossed :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

9GB update, so that's something. I only loaded the game to see if it worked, I didn't even load my save file. I was busy with some other things.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yes, apparently it takes that much to add loot back into crates. But no, probably they had to re-do the entire map as they added the storage box to every safe house, so all those assets had to be re-loaded probably. I tried it a bit and it works well, I dumped a bunch of extra stuff into the storage box and then had some extra room in my inventory. I went out and essentially did the same route that I did in my last video, up the coast to the storage facility outside the bunker. I took out two of the hunters there with one rocket, getting an achievement in the process, with the help of a conveniently parked car and the fact that the one hunter was on a repeating patrol route and the other was stuck under a roof near the car. So once the second one got close enough, I shot the car and took them both out. It was very satisfying, and it seemed that the explosion was the right power level, you'd expect that to do some serious damage and it did. Better than before when it would have taken a couple more rockets to finish them off. The other hunter was also stuck under the pipe again so I shot him with my .270 rifle, which took a couple clips as I only had soft point bullets for it, but it did the trick. FMJ or AP bullets would have made short w0#k of him, I would think. Again, the damage is back to what you'd expect and is actually "fun" and not tedious like before.

Loot is back and is actually relevant to the weapons I had on me, for the most part. No more finding pistol ammo for the first pistol you get in the starter area that everyone gets rid of as soon as possible. I got a bunch of .50 cal ammo which is nice as I'd stopped using that gun because I had no ammo for it. Also got a bunch of FMJ ammo for the auto rifle I'm using, and maybe some AP too, I forget, along with some FMJ for the hunting rifle which is nice. Would have been better if I got some AP rounds but it was still decent.

So it looks like the game is fun again, things die when you expect them to die and not just sit there soaking up clip after clip of rounds that you can't afford to waste because half the loot crates are empty. I also picked up every health pack and ammo box I could find as now I can store the extras in any safe house. Might also be time to load my other characters and dump their stuff into the storage box as well, so I can actually have access to it.
D_B

BinnZ

Sounds good D_B! Thanx for the feedback! Time to go back into it I guess :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

yes, good read, D_B, and finally some good news. Sounds as if the game was now playable again, perhaps even better than ever before. That's really good news. O0

Tags:
🡱 🡳