BinnZ

"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Rivals Update  8)

Looks like we can get some powerful weapons now  :bigsmile:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool, I need to find the time to get back into this game.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Got on last night just as Gkid was getting off, so I couldn't hook up with him, so I jumped into a random game and got with a couple decent people and ran some attacks. This game is definitely made to run multiplayer, it's so much more fun with other people. Thing is, you can't really control where you go or what you do, so I just follow along and shoot robots. When I'm alone, I play much more conservatively and carefully, exploring areas and finding as much as possible.

Then one of the people I was with got the falling through the ground bug and the host had to quit to let him reconnect and I was booted out. I was about done anyway, so it turned out OK in the end.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting, though I doubt I'll ever get to the point where one will spawn for me and I don't think I'll go through the effort to make one spawn.
D_B

BinnZ

It's a nice additional feature, but unfortunately it's basically something to make the original first playthrough more interesting. However, if you've already completed that, you could go and 'make them spawn' like this guide is very good for, but it all sounds like a lot of 'w0#k' to be able to get those upgraded weapons. I was more hoping for an extension of the playthrough, or an easy way to do a new playthrough. Doing the latter still seems like loosing all the progress in the characters you've developed, and all the loot, etc. etc.
So bottom line a bit disappointing still. They seem to still be working for new players, not for the players already there who long for new content. :undecided-new:
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Well, apparently you don't have to do anything to get a rival to spawn, they just show up, at least for me. You get a notice on screen about it and an icon on the map. The first one for me was a tank FNIX hanging around a bunker entrance. I recorded video of the battle, but honestly it was kind of boring to play and the video shows it. The usual tank battle, shoot all your rockets at it, then several clips of 50 cal AP and then all your grenades then as much AP rounds from the machine gun that you have. I didn't count, but it was at least 10 rockets, 5 grenades, all I had on me, and probably two cases of 50 cal AP and a case of 7.32 AP rounds to take it down. It wasn't fun, it didn't require strategy, it was tedious. They should really do something about how you fight tanks, just making them bullet sponges is boring really. I did get a nice "experimental" 6 crown level rocket launcher out of it though, that was nice. It's specialty is shooting two rockets at once. Now, that doesn't magically double the rockets you have like a double shot Fallout gun, no, it loads two rockets and shoots them so while it does do double damage (I think), it also uses up your rockets twice as fast, so there's that. The next iteration rival is a hunter that's roaming around so I'll go after it next time I'm in that area. But I did finally complete a couple main story missions that have been bugged since over the summer and I finally got working again, so that's something.
D_B

Art Blade

Although it is interesting for me to read about changes, the overall impression is that the game is still lacking something that wants you to go back. Bullet sponges? Like, boss fights? That's so 1980s..

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

Well, I decided to uninstall Generation Zero for now. There has been a new DLC announced, which will open up a new island. Two LMGs will be added, based upon the Ksp 88 and Ksp 58

BinnZ

Wow, now that's something to look forward to! :) O0
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I'll probably get that, it's only $8 or so. But the fact that it takes literally every drop of ammo I have on me to take down one tank gets frustrating.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Here's a video showing what I presume is the new content, so either it's out or these guys got an early access. Warning, there is a lot of shouting and screaming and swearing in this, these guys are really exuberant in their reactions to things. But looking at the way the new enemies are set up, I can see they will be really difficult, as in some emit radiation, that has an area effect, so no more hiding in a house while it stomps around outside and you take potshots at it (my favorite tactic) because it will just kill you with radiation from outside the house. I can also see they have their physical stats boosted up pretty high, I can't run that fast or that far even remotely, so they use the "run away" tactic a lot, which I should really do, instead of wasting all my ammo on one tank.

D_B

Art Blade

that sounds really bad to me ??? I'd prefer to hunt and kill something not run away for fear of death while still having to kill what I was running away from. Bloody survival games  :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳