Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

When I'm playing in my own game, I'm still going after quests and leveling up. If a rival appears because of that I go after it when I get around to it. I don't try to make them appear but if one does, I'll let it level up as I do other things until I get around to killing it. When other people join my game, they are mostly looking to hunt rivals and get the better weapons. I would like to have that nice sniper rifle, it'll drop eventually. I've already had three of the rocket launchers, so I have another one to give away lol.

The thing I always crave is armor piercing bullets, especially for the AG4 experimental I have. With those, a hunter is down in one clip. Normal full metal jacket rounds take about a clip and a half for normal hunters, FNIX and apocalypse ones take a bit more either way.

One thing I don't like is some enemies shoot poisoned bullets at you and you take damage after you've already been hit and dove into cover. But then, the EXP AG4 sets them on fire, so trade off, right? lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

Yes, that EXP AG4 is very nice too. I never really paid that much attention to the difference between AP and FMJ bullets, although I knew the AP's are better. Usually I stack them up and use the FMJ's first, and save the AP's for occasions where I really need them. Funny, actually. I came to the conclusion today that I have more AP rounds for the AG4 / AJ 76 / 59 machine-gun than I can stash away. I could easily give you 10 full packs if you want :bigsmile:
I might actually stop using FMJ's myself, I do feel like I lack fire-power with these apocalypse creatures, so a little extra byte from AP rounds is probably more than welcome :)
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

I'll take all you want to give away!
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Finally got the PVG 90 experimental sniper rifle. I was on my way to fight a rival, and encountered a group of hunters on the way, who I took care of while hiding in a farm house. While I was doing that, a FNIX tank that was in the area dropped by and I was tempted to just sneak away from it after taking care of the hunters. But my stubborn need to clear the area took over and I fought it off. After dropping about 5 or 6 land mines under it then by accident switching to my rocket launcher and firing it at the ground at my feet, I took him down and me too, because setting off two rockets and 5 land mines within close proximity to yourself is not a optimal way to maintain good health. Anyway, he dropped the experimental sniper that I've been wanting the most since it was added. And I didn't even have to fight a rival for it. Honestly, now that I have all the experimental weapons, I have less interest in fighting rivals. I just want to finish the story.
D_B

Art Blade

A lovely way to go, with a massive bang. :anigrin: I found that story funny, especially "my stubborn need to clear the area" :D Good on you that you've got the nice rifle.

Is it as good as you expected it to be?

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah now that I have the experimental weapons that actually do the damage you expect against the robots, it's more fun to play. The bigger enemies are still a little too much on the bullet sponge side, I think they should go down a little easier than they do, especially when you are pelting them with rockets and they shrug it off like water off a duck.

I wish I had video of that fight though, showing me dropping a bunch of land mines, then switching weapons forgetting that I still had the rocket launcher in that slot, and firing it right at my feet was too funny.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Finished the main story today, found the FNIX computer and blew it up. A couple good fights with tanks and I'm running short on rockets and 50 cal rounds. I have one region to clear the bunker then on to the DLC ski resort island. I don't think I'm going to try to get all the safe houses unlocked, or even remotely get the achievements. If they release a new DLC I'll probably get it, the last one was a decent value.
D_B

Art Blade

BinnZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 24, 2019, 02:22:58 PM
Finished the main story today, found the FNIX computer and blew it up. A couple good fights with tanks and I'm running short on rockets and 50 cal rounds. I have one region to clear the bunker then on to the DLC ski resort island. I don't think I'm going to try to get all the safe houses unlocked, or even remotely get the achievements. If they release a new DLC I'll probably get it, the last one was a decent value.

Yes, although the island we got with it is small, the value of the gameplay and added quests really is good. The rival update and this ski resort dlc got me back into the game for quite a while. The achievements aren't the hardest to get. I got them all, most are really easy. There's a few that require a lot of collecting, those can be a little dull, but nothing too difficult ;)

Glad to hear you got the sniper experimental. The best gun in the game imo. And I also really like the experimental SMG, which fires bullets like a gattling gun, amazing, and very effective!
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the 9mm experimental SMG really spits out the bullets, and if you have armor piercing in there, can be quite damaging. But I like the sniper that can take down some of the lower hunters with one shot.
D_B

PZ

I like any reasonable firearm that can take down an enemy in a single shot because that's what would happen in real life.

Dweller_Benthos

True, but admittedly these are giant armored metal robots, so they take a little extra to critically damage.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳