Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Good point! I often forget that because I rarely play games with robots or bosses  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

LOL, yeah against soft and squishy human targets, it's pretty much a moot point. But a giant armored walking tank takes a little more firepower.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Working my through the quests in the DLC, and found this cave:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Those are ticks, the small spider robots that are a real pain to deal with, fast, they jump at you and do a lot of damage and are hard to hit. This set on the roof of the cave are glowing in holiday colors, so pretty! I found out if you just leave them alone, they will do nothing. It's the ones on the floor of the cave eating dead people's faces that are the pain. Oh yeah, they are radioactive too, so they continue to damage you after you've shot them. I know this because I did this cave three times. I found it just wandering, and was almost all the way through it when the game crashed. Went back, killed all the ticks again, only no loot this time because it hadn't respawned yet, so no rewards. Went to the nearby town and then got the mission to go there and look for survivors. So, I went in *again* after fighting the robots guarding the entrance this time, killing all the ticks again, no loot, and out the other side. So yeah, I've had enough of that cave, lol.
D_B

Art Blade

oh.. ??? what a "great" adventure that was. :anigrin:

Man, game crashes of that sort are extremely annoying.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the game crashes sometimes for no apparent reason it seems. Just walking along, bang hello desktop. Even more annoying when there are other people in my game and I just disappear, kicking them out to the menu. They must wonder if I'm a jerk or something. So now whenever someone joins I make sure to tell them if I leave it's because the game crashed.
D_B

Art Blade

almost like when we were playing space engineers, all the connection problems.. yeah, not a great experience if the game doesn't play along.

Dweller_Benthos

The final battle at the hotel was pretty intense. In the DLC add-on, which I think should really be just a part of the main game, as it rounds out the story to a more satisfying conclusion, the final mission is to defend the hotel hideout of the remains of the resistance. Though as you'll see in the video, they don't really do much resisting, more like hiding while I do all the w0#k. Then come out of hiding as soon as I'm done and sit around playing cards, also as you'll see. Again, this would have been a lot more fun with more players, and not so frantic. But then it wouldn't have been as interesting either. One thing I should have done is put out more land mines in more strategic spots, and not so close together that they set each other off, but they worked for the first few waves. I didn't include setting up the landmines mostly because I didn't record that part, but it would have been tedious to watch I think. So, here it is, still uploading, so once it's ready, I hope whoever watches it enjoys it at least a little.

D_B

Art Blade

I was already looking up your channel and was wondering what happened because I neither got a notification nor has that video popped up on your channel. Now I see, still uploading.. I'll watch that, of course :bigsmile:

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

What is it, a 5-hour-vid?

"We're processing this video. Check back later."

Oh well. That's YouTube for you :anigrin:

Art Blade

FINALLY! Watching.. in 360p.. can't wait another couple hours until the post rendering is finished. :anigrin:

Art Blade

very nice :) Quite intense. And loud! :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Yes, there's one thing about this game, is the sound is excellent, when you're online with someone and they are off fighting a battle, you can hear it echo through the woods around you, really immersive that way.
D_B

BinnZ

Tough battle huh! I liked it. And indeed it is nice to finally meet some people alive in the game! Still, there's much of the story yet to be told. I think we'll face some more dlc's in the upcoming year, which would be really nice! Looking forward to it, this game world deserves more O0
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳