Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there are more islands on the map you can't get to, so it would be nice if they all got filled out with story and stuff to do. I'm pretty much done for now, I have all the achievements I'm going to realistically get, I know I'll never get at least the one to get a second character with full skills or whatever it is, and the rest are "get all of xyz item in the game" and that's just a bunch of running around with an online guide open trying to figure out which ones I have and which ones I don't, so those I'll skip too.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Wow, maybe now I can finally complete that one mission that's been stuck in my list for months.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yep the update fixed that one quest, I just had to go pick up the last item, a piece of paper sitting on the seat of a cargo truck. Thing that happened when I first did the quest was the truck is carrying explosive fuel cells, and part of the mission is to destroy them, but if you destroy the truck first, before picking up that piece of paper, you can't complete it because that piece of paper is gone. This is what happens when you use explosives to kill a bunch of machines standing next to the truck before looking at what's in the truck.

So that quest completed and then that also completed the main story quest line because that was the last one to do and I got the achievement for completing the story.
D_B

Art Blade

BinnZ

Nice one! Long Live bug fixes  :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

fragger

Well done, Dweller :thumbsup: Who knew a piece of paper could save the world! Didn't w0#k too well for Neville Chamberlain, though...

LowPolyOWG

I think I got some broken quests aswell, that I never finished.

Dweller_Benthos

Supposedly they fixed any quest where you have all the quest items that never completed, so as long as you have all the items, it now considers them finished and will complete off the list.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting, at least they got rid of the stupid tetris-style inventory system, hopefully the weight limit system isn't too limiting. Considering they've adding crafting, with all the ingredients needed for that, a new inventory system was really required.

Difficulty options also nice, as the game was originally designed with four players in mind, makes it kind of hard to go solo.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The new weapon inventory menu. Bottom left, the weight you're carrying

Apparel crafting station

Recycling station.

NOTE: Players have reported a bug with currently equipped items/weapons being unable to equip attachments and become unusable. Fix is drop items and re-equip them.

Art Blade

you're so overburdened you should be sinking through a solid metal floor :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I tried it out last night for a few minutes. Two people joined my game while I was on. All of us had to stop for a bit and rearrange our stuff and figure out the new system. I couldn't fast travel anywhere and thought it was a bug but then realized I was overweight and had to trudge back to the safe house and dump some stuff. No more carrying a thousand rounds of ammo, which I used to do under the old system.

I'm not sure about the scrapping and crafting system, I didn't have a lot of time to fool with it. But one thing I didn't like was that it will show you stuff you can scrap and not really tell you that it might be an attachment on a currently equipped weapon, like a scope on a rifle. It would be easy to scrap something you don't mean to. There's also crafting materials you can loot, which add to your weight. So I'm not too keen on the new system, where it just trades the limited space we had for limited weight. At least in the old system you could still sprint and fast travel no matter what you were carrying. Even if it was a bit fiddly. But at least now I won't have to take all the ammo out of a gun in order to stack it with the ammo I just picked up and put it back in the gun. It all just stacks together, and I presume, will load into the gun as you reload normally. At least all crafting materials can be stored in the crafting bench and won't take up space in your normal inventory storage, which is also limited by weight.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳