Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I'd use auto hot key but you need to be able to change the keys that have several functions, then like in Fallout, the on screen prompts don't match the keys you have it changed to and you get confused and hit something you didn't want to.

I mean, how hard is it for a developer to just let all keys be changed? Seems like it should just be copy & paste the code and change a couple values. Probably the GUI part is the hardest to do.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Spent some time this morning getting a mod to w0#k that fixes all my key bind issues. The greatest amount of time was waiting for the utility to extract and decompile all the game files, and all I needed to fix it was a single 1KB file. Go figure.

Other modders have been busy, drive-able vehicles are possible:

from r/GenerationZeroGame
D_B

BinnZ

:bigsmile:

Looks a bit awkward that truck. It's the mission truck. Only without the armoured plating.

Did you by accident look at that other vid, just below? A guy launching himself with a bazillion gastanks. That's really funny :D
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

As we found out, mods don't w0#k when playing online!

I'm sure the controls for the truck aren't the best, being hacked in really, but it goes to show there could be cars in the game if they really wanted to put them in. I'm not sure how I feel about vehicles, it would change the mood of the game dramatically. But something a wee bit faster than bikes would be nice too.

There are many vids of explosion launches, they have been using them to get across the broken bridges to the "off limits" islands for a while. It's interesting the message that pops up isn't something like "You are out of bounds" or some such but something along the lines of "You do not own the DLC for this area" so those off limits islands could still be opened by possible DLC in the future.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

They could w0#k, if both players have them installed.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Is that a theoretical "could w0#k" as in if they decided to let modding happen, or a proven thing that if both players have the same mod, it will w0#k? Not that it matters, as my mod is custom to me only, I doubt anyone else wants to use my freaky keybinds!

As it was, since my internet is down (lightning hit something and nothing from the cable company works, waiting on repair tomorrow) I played Gen Zero because it's pretty much the only offline game I'm playing right now. Tried to do the side quest with the bicycle race but it fails every time because I get to a certain point and it stops showing me the next progress marker, and since you only have about a minute to get between each one, I wander around trying to find it accidentally until the timer runs out and I have to start over.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on July 01, 2020, 08:04:30 AM
Is that a theoretical "could w0#k" as in if they decided to let modding happen, or a proven thing that if both players have the same mod, it will w0#k? Not that it matters, as my mod is custom to me only, I doubt anyone else wants to use my freaky keybinds!

In a game like Far Cry 5, you can do modded co-op, as long players have the same patch files.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I doubt that will w0#k in Gen Zero, they seem to be very anti-modding, so much so that even mentioning modding on their official forums will get your post deleted and a personal message with a warning. Ask me how I know lol.

Anyway I got the bike race side mission completed last night, by guessing where the next waypoints were when it stopped showing them.
D_B

BinnZ

Hahaha, so cool your experience with the bike race. I had something similar. First I failed because I tried to bypass a checkpoint, not knowing it was in the middle of one of these roadblocks with a seemingly pointless obstacle, and then I saw the checkpoint show was somehow delayed. I also finished by guessing where the next one would be :P

I found a golden baseball bat. Still searching for the Sledge hammer, but I am very happy with that find.  :)
I also found one golden clothing schematic, but other than that only blue ones. However, no doubles so far. I think, and really hope, there won't be doubles in this category. So patience is key to obtaining all lower grade schematics so you can finally produce the best crafting gear. Damn that IS a lame approach to crafting, if you ask me. :sad-new:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

the only thing positive I can tell from all your posts is: at least the devs haven't given up on making changes to the game.

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there are a few places in the bicycle race mission where you have to ride through the obstacle, making a small jump off a ramp. More than once, I just missed the ramp, hit the obstacle, fell off the bike, the bike goes under the ramp where I can just barely get the prompt to get on it, but that puts me inside the ramp, the physics freak out, I get booted into the air to crash again and fall off the bike, then the timer expires.

I recorded video of it, but probably won't post it as otherwise it's kind of boring.

The deca map has been updated, the author posted on the reddit asking for suggestions, and I asked if they could separate the different types of loot and schematics into their own categories and they did, and more, so there is now a players map and a modders map that shows all the extra stuff that the average player doesn't really care about. Now it's much easier to isolate just the level 2 schematics for instance, and just show those on the map. Very nice.

https://mathartbang.com/deca/gz/map.html?full
D_B

BinnZ

Wow, nice of the guy to change it :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Big update yesterday, 11.6GB which seems to me like the whole game again? They have added a new boss enemy and there were things added for Halloween that I tried a little bit to find but didn't put much effort into it. New DLC with more weapons coming up too, though I'm not sure I'll have the time to play much.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳