Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Another DLC out yesterday or today, "USA Weapons Pack" - maybe they are trying to get more of the North American market? I dunno, it was only $2.99 so I grabbed it, so whatever. Tried out the game and it seems they've changed the difficulty again? Seems pretty easy now or maybe I was just in low level areas, I don't know, but I took out a harvester with three shots from the special .50 cal sniper. One of those last summer would have taken numerous rockets and dozens of rounds of ammo. So it's a bit more fun and less tedious now if you ask me, but I'm sure there's people complaining, I don't know, I don't read their forums anymore. Not really sure how you're supposed to find the new boss to fight, or the new weapons, I did look around a bit and found some new crates with a different logo on them but they all had the same ammo that's been in the game since day one.

Oh yeah, speaking of ammo, there's now a crafting station where you can make ammo and med packs and other consumable items, but you need plans and I don't have any yet. I might play the game a little now and then but probably not to the extent I used to.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

Yea I saw the weapons update. It isn't really appealing enough for me to dive back in to it. Maybe the new boss fight would be. I had actually hoped for another island opened up to explore with new missions and such. Something like they did with the ski-resort island from last year. Anyway, strange that you can't find those new weapons. You likely find out when you play the new content. The boss fight? Anyway, I've read that this new rival drops weapons too, something special, so maybe it's rival specific drops for the American weapons.
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I've only played it a little bit, wandering around aimlessly really. I did look on the online map to find the new plans for ammo and supplies but haven't gone looking for them yet.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Another big update the other day. Seems they updated the world map to have more stuff in one of the regions, like they've been doing with other parts of the map. More props and loot added I imagine, to fill out the world a bit more. They've also added something called "Assignments" which I guess are one-off missions or something like that. Haven't had a chance to check those yet.

The game plays better now for a single person, you don't have to pummel a robot with hundreds of rounds of ammo to bring it down anymore, the weapons feel like they actually do damage. Especially the experimental ones, so I'm no longer cautious about going up against a bunch of hunters anymore, a single person can actually bring them down in a reasonable amount of time.
D_B

Art Blade

that sounds good. So far it seemed to be ridiculously difficult to take on some types of enemies and I think it's going to be more fun now for the average (non-hard core) player.

fragger

Definitely sounds like an improvement, compared to what you guys have reported in the past.

I hate bullet-sponge enemies in games, especially when you have super-duper weapons and you STILL have to empty entire crates of ammo into them :banghead: That is less like fun and more like tedium.

Art Blade

absolutely agree, fragger.

What I missed for a very long time was a simple game that I could simply play. Simple as that. What I mean is that most games these days are LOADED with so-called challenges that force you to grind like crazy only to advance the game progress in what some people consider to be "fun" for you to do. That includes stupid bullet sponges that are almost immune to even "legendary" weapons. Not my cup of tea, really. I have been very happy with Cyberpunk 2077 that doesn't show nonsense like accuracy statistics, doesn't force me to play stupid challenges, and the few occasional "boss" fights are even fun because you do stand a chance and if you've got really good guns, you can actually take them down with just a few shots. I only came across one side mission that was a stupid boxing fight against an almost invincible enemy whom you could only defeat with a proper tactical approach, essentially you had to be very clever to manage. Being a side mission, it could be skipped though. So overall, I am finally playing a "simple" single player shooter with fun missions without stupid goals. Whenever I look at other games, even Hitman which I used to love, I get tired and bored and lose interest. Like this game here, Generation Zero.. which is an online shooter... *shiver* :anigrin:

PZ

Quote from: fragger on February 18, 2021, 02:41:55 PM
I hate bullet-sponge enemies in games, especially when you have super-duper weapons and you STILL have to empty entire crates of ammo into them :banghead: That is less like fun and more like tedium.

Deja Vu... I just had a flashback to FC2  :huh-new:

Dweller_Benthos

I think they finally got the balance right, and it's only an online shooter if you allow it to be, as in, you turn on multiplayer. The thing was, it was nearly impossible before as single player game, even with four people, some of the enemies were really tough, four people unloading tons of rockets and ammo into one enemy, it wasn't fun, well not in the normal sense, as it got boring after a while. It was fun in the way things were just so ridiculous that everyone laughed about it.

I'll try more this weekend, see what these assignments are about and maybe even find some of the new weapons from the DLC. There's also supposed to be new high level robots to fight, I haven't seen any of those either.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: fragger on February 18, 2021, 02:41:55 PM

Looter shooters in a nutshell :banghead: Still kinda funny watching 1-phase Destiny raids and pull them off too  :bigsmile:

Wonder when Generation Zero will add a launcher that fire 6 rockets that can track multiple enemies :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: LowPolyOWG on February 19, 2021, 07:59:27 AM
Wonder when Generation Zero will add a launcher that fire 6 rockets that can track multiple enemies :anigrin:

Don't give them any ideas !  :D
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Another new big update yesterday. A new mission series with new crafting recipes, new weapons, ammo, base building, etc.

I haven't done much except start the mission that leads to building a base, I think. I did record it so maybe I'll release a video on it eventually.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 05, 2021, 08:30:55 AM
I haven't done much except start the mission that leads to building a base, I think. I did record it so maybe I'll release a video on it eventually.
:thumbsup:

Art Blade

looking forward to watching it :)

Dweller_Benthos

I recorded most of the mission to build a base, had some issues with recording levels on my microphone (yes this one is with commentary) that I had to iron out. Now to just edit it.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳