Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

GRW is the only game I've come across where bullet sponges don't exist
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

I still need to get back into GRW one of these days.  :thumbsup:

nex

I'm playing GR Breakpoint at the moment, there are a few improvements but it's not as
good as Wildlands.
The game's main missions are a lot less but dragged out, most of them you don't go to one place and finish the job
no, you have to go back and forth from one place to another looking for intel, then you often end up back
at the initial spot. So the game gets a bit boring sometimes.

Oops sorry, moving away from the actual topic  :-[

I don't mind shooting the other guy till he looks like a pincushion, but as D_B says they just don't stop,
when these jokers eventually go down I'm sure on closer inspection you'll find his sunk a foot deep into
the ground due to all the lead in him   :evil2:
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Quote from: nex on May 21, 2021, 12:01:59 AM
Oops sorry, moving away from the actual topic  :-[

That's okay nex - off-topic posts are the "norm" for OWG  :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Another update or two for the game and I got back into it a little bit. After the base building update which was .... limited to say the least, I decided to look into the new-ish crafting system. Then, with the help of the online game world map, found all or almost all the recipes needed to craft various objects in the game. So, the fine point of it is, there's no need to pick up ammo ever again, you can craft all you need. Well, you do need the supplies to craft them, so you do need to pick up ammo, but you can pick up any ammo, recycle it into materials, then make any ammo type you want out of it. Need 7.62 for your assault rifle? No problem, pick up a bunch of .223 or shotgun shells, whatever's around, recycle it into materials like gunpowder and steel, then re-craft it into the ammo you want. Need medpacks? Same goes, pick up some thread and other materials and make all the medpacks you want.

So, no longer is there the need to stock up and store away in your limited supply storage all that different ammo and supplies, just the materials needed (which are stored in a different supply chest) and make as needed. A great improvement in my opinion.

The only thing that I've found is there's no crafting recipes for the new DLC weapons from the NATO and Soviet weapons packs. So, any ammo you find for them is all you get, you can't craft any. Honestly though, I've only tried a couple of those weapons, as the ones I have that are experimental are much more powerful.

There's also a new high tier boss called the reaper tank which I haven't fought yet because it takes a bit to get it to spawn, like getting a region to max level with a certain number of rivals as well.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I like it!  :thumbsup:

I is fantastic that you can disassemble items into their components and recycle them into new stuff. It makes perfect sense to be able to do that in a game rather than accumulating things you don't need, or having to throw them away.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the new recycling/crafting system will really make a difference in how I play the game. No more having to carry around / store tons of ammo and health packs. It will make it much easier to horde more weapons I'll never use, LOL!
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

:D I can definitely relate!

Dweller_Benthos

New update, you can now upgrade your storage to allow more space, finally! A weapon wheel now allows any combination of weapons and other devices so you can now carry and access more than two types of rifle if you want!

https://generationzero.com/en/blog/landfall-update-patch-notes

Also there's Russians. Or at least Russian machines.

Update trailer

A quick live stream testing out the new features and looking for some of the new collectibles. And killing robots of course.

VOD expired lol
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

I know it's been a while, new update dropped a few weeks ago:

A new flying enemy which is fun to shoot down, new loot, and oh yeah, finally, a motorized vehicle, a moped, and if you buy the DLC, motorcycles which are a bit more capable.

The Motorcycle DLC is decent, though at $6.99 a little steep, would have liked it to be $4.99 or $5.99 at most, but I bought it anyway. But the next DLC, a skins pack, I won't buy, even though it's $3.99 I don't buy skins in any game.

https://twitter.com/GenZeroGame/status/1592185749386022912

To put that in perspective, the Alpine Unrest DLC which added an entire new area of the map and new story, is $7.99. Same with the FNIX DLC which added a lot more story. For all these add-on packs, they need to drop the price one or two dollars.

They did add the ability to start a new game from scratch while keeping your old game and also start a new game while keeping all your weapons and gear from the old game, which I might do sometime to re-do the story with all the new elements added as some parts have changed quite a bit with new NPCs and such.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

New update just dropped, more experimental weapons, overhaul to the crafting system, etc:

https://generationzero.com/en/blog/dangerous-experiments-patch-notes

The new rifle they've added an experimental version for is one of my favorites, it'll be fun to try out the new variant, which is specifically designed to be more powerful the longer range you use it at, so it encourages long range sniping!
D_B

PZ

QuoteShred your enemies to pieces with the Experimental .44 Magnus! This canon will blast straight through your enemies and materials to create a shotgun-like blast behind your target, surprising any foe that might be behind with its deadly shrapnel blast. Great for crowd control!

That sounds like an interesting weapon  :thumbsup:

In real life I have a S/W model 29 with a 6-inch barrel.  One of the few pistols that will take down a grizzly so I take every time we hike in brown bear country.

Dweller_Benthos

I have yet to play the game to find the new weapons, they are random drops from certain high level enemies and not guaranteed so it may take a while, lol.

Here's hoping you never need to use that hand cannon of yours! LOL!
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 13, 2022, 07:40:27 AM
Here's hoping you never need to use that hand cannon of yours! LOL!

Same. Long ago I heard a scuffle in my hen house late at night and I went out with the M29 just in case a cougar was there. All I found was a racoon up in the rafters of the shed killing chickens just for the fun of it. I shot it and not much was left but a very large hole in the roof.

I hope we never encounter a brown bear, but I'd rather it died than me or my sweetie.

Tags:
🡱 🡳