Generation Zero

Started by BinnZ, April 07, 2019, 04:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Nice. That Carl G should have a laser guider/cluster rocket upgrade a la FC5 :anigrin: Poking around the web, there is a Wikipedia like site dedicated to this game. The star/color rating means better damage and as you pointed out, better attachments. Some upgrades will drop, based upon how you kill the machine. Destroying weak spots might prevent you from getting a scope vision module.

Have you checked the skill trees? Some perks may help you getting better loot/combat efficiency.

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Nice vids, maybe eventually if they fix the game I'll be able to play it again. Then Binn can come over and help me with fights like this lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nex

Nice vids BinnZ, that was some good fighting you did there  O0
Respect is earned, not given.

BinnZ

Heheh, thanx chaps!

I know that site GKID, it can be quite helpful sometimes. I couldn't find the article talking about how loot may be affected by the way you kill the robot, but I do remember reading about that earlier. However, I think it was also referring to the loot or more specific 'components' that you could pick up and how damaged these components were. That seems to refer to parts you can scavenge to later use to modify or enhance your equipment There is indeed a skill that refers to that as well, "being able to scavenge damaged parts from downed enemies", however I've never seen those components, nor workbenches or enhancements in your equipment. I assume these are references to content they skipped from the final release either because it would take too long to fully make it functional or because it wouldn't add to the experience. The current skill-tree with its benefits and the way you can find attachments and weapons in a better state gives you a lot to look for in the field, and for me works smooth and challenging.
However, the references to a permanent stock in a safehouse, that also seems to be let out, is something I'd really like to see in future updates. And well, depending on the equipment involved, give us the damn w0#k benches too ffs! :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Bug fixes first at least :bigsmile: After RAGE 2 is out, I guess the team behind GZ will have more developers available, which means more frequent patching etc.

nex

Looking at the vids I'd say you need a "VERY BIG" gun for those BIG guys BinnZ, damn he takes too many direct hits
for my liking, so any mods and additions to your guns to help make them bigger would be essential, I think    ???
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Some enemies have exposed areas (gas tanks) or so-called weak spots you can shoot for some massive damage/direct kill. Also, the game have different types of ammunition available (soft point/FMJ/AP) which deals low or higher damage to targets.

Art Blade

I would go for bigger guns, too. Like a quadruple rail gun. :anigrin:

BinnZ

Hahaha, yes they take quite a punch!
But it is intended to be like that. It makes the gameplay different. Sometimes you just know you can't take it on and need to stack some more ammo or grenades first, or you'll be toast. With more players it would be easier to take them down. And; there's stuff you can find that deals more damage than a hand grenade. You can find gas cannisters for example that take a big one down of 4 explode simultaneously. But you have to place them somewhere where the big one may walk into them, so you can ignite them from a safe distance. It's hard to predict in which area they will be walking and sometimes they just engage from a static point. Their guns have a huge range too.
GKID is right, you need to hit them on their weak spots, but it's not always easy to target these.

Yesterday I completed the dinal story line mission, and the game will remain open and accessible. Like we all love. However, I have a feeling that the enemies have grown in numbers after that final mission. Won't give away any spoilers here, but with my high ranked gear and more skills it seems I really am going to need them :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

that seems to be a short story line.. and sounds as if they were going to add DLC.

BinnZ

Relatively short... I have 112 hours in the game already. And I haven't completed all missions, there's still world missions to do and areas to explore... and golden weapons to find, and skills to obtain.
And yes, there will be DLC. More functionality, more islands, "a slowly evolving game world" is what they promise. Let's hope for lots of that :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

OK, whoa, that's a lot of gaming time in a short period. Alright, it's not relatively short, then :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Let's hope their tools are not sluggish. I have read stories about developers not being able to build their games fast enough due to lack of engine features they need for that particular game.

LowPolyOWG

85 MB patch now live

• Runners, Hunters, Harvesters, and Tanks all had their loot tables adjusted to drop the proper loot again
  • Adrenaline Shots weren't dropping appropriately if you already had some in your inventory, they will now have a small chance to always drop regardless
  • Made improvements for the Win 7 and Win 8 blackscreen at game startup issue, we will continue to monitor feedback to see if we got all cases

Art Blade

O0

and good news for D_B.

Tags:
🡱 🡳