General lamenting

Started by PZ, April 27, 2019, 08:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

So far this year I have replaced 3 toilets, installed the wiring for a bidet toilet seat, and today I get to waste my time enjoying installing a new water heater in the little house. Now my wife wants me to replace two more water heaters in the big house simply because she thinks they are too old.

I think I'll call a plumber to do the other water heaters after I do the install today.  :undecided-new:

Art Blade

a wife's joy and pride: a retired husband who's finally got all the time she needs. :gnehe:

PZ

:gnehe:

More than once I wish I had not retired  :-X

Art Blade

<chortle>

well, you could still try to find a new job.

Maybe plumber would suit you. :gnehe:

PZ

:D

I don't miss working that much  :gnehe:

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Going to replace the tank water heater this year with a tankless, and yes, I'm having my cousin who's a plumber do it, I do not do plumbing.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Plumbing is not too bad once you figure out the soldering aspect, which is actually quite easy.

Be sure to let us know how tank-less works - I have been thinking of that technology for my bedroom.

Dweller_Benthos

Will do. My other cousin has tankless and they like it though if you turn the hot water on for a bit, then off, then back on again, you'll get a shot of cold water in the middle, called the "cold water sandwich" but I rarely do that so I don't think it will bother me.
D_B

PZ

That sounds perfectly reasonable - I am wondering if you truly get long hot showers.

Dweller_Benthos

As long as you leave the hot water running, as far as I know, you are fine. It's in cases like my cousin's wife who likes to wash dishes by washing one in the soapy water then rinse it under the faucet with hot water, turning it on long enough to rinse, then turning it off. In a case like that, you get strings of hot water with strings of cold water in between as the heater turns on and off. Here's a site that explains it well, as I'd be putting in a gas powered heater, it isn't as much a concern than with electric.

https://www.countrysideph.com/blog/solutions-cold-water-sandwich-effect/
D_B

PZ

That makes sense. I'm confident that the gas units would w0#k well while the electric units would be a disappointment. At least, that is how it is with the RV instant water heaters.

LinkHero

Yeah, setting up water heaters sounds like a tankless profession... Good luck.
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳