FireFox AddOns stopped working, they're trying to fix it

Started by Art Blade, May 04, 2019, 01:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

The Tor browser might be an addition or alternative browser experience. It has embedded within it's code, Noscript, HTTPS Everywhere and others.

https://www.torproject.org/download/?utm_source=SecurityTips&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2internetbrowsers_all

Art Blade

I know that one because it is supposed to make you anonymous on the net. Without going into details, it's not exactly true what it does but it's the about closest thing you can get that easily. Because of the "anonymity," it is a requirement for the "darker sides" on the net (not to use a trigger keyword)

Practical downside of Tor: it's likely to be slow. Essentially you get routed through various computers which may cause a nice bottleneck for instance if you want to watch videos.

PZ

True - kind of like being routed through the VPN services.

Opera is still my current go-to browser because it is so fast and consumes fewer resources.

One thing we can be thankfully to Microsoft though - they make the worst browser in the world, and because every Windows PC has it built in, most uninformed people use that browser. Naturally because so many people use the browser, and it is so crappy, hackers exploit it the most.  :gnehe:

Art Blade

that was actually the reason why my first browser was Netscape. :anigrin: And never has been any MS browser.

PZ

Yeah, I remember Netscape - In thinking about people that I have known in the past that had their computer significantly compromised, all of them used I.E.

Art Blade

even Tor isn't safe running on a PC with intel CPU, here "Zombieload" (remember Spectre and Meltdown?)

PZ

Yeah, nothing is absolutely safe. It is all about decreasing the probability of being hacked, and when using I.E., your probability is 100%  :gnehe:

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳