The Game Video Recording/Editing Topic (programs, settings)

Started by Art Blade, May 21, 2019, 04:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I finally found a solution to that XCOM recording disaster :)

VBR, Bitrate only min 10k and max 50k, that "psycho" something checked (it really optimises the use of VBR, I tried without and the resulting file size was a lot bigger)

But the main "trick" is to record the desktop. No stutters, no huge bitrates, it just works.

In the process of trying out stuff I also found out that my watermark has then to be the first entry in that list where you also chose what video and audio sources to record. Apparently you can set game capture first and watermark second and still see both in the recording but if you use desktop recording first, it simply "covers" the watermark, you don't see it. But if the watermark is the first thing, then you can capture anything else "underneath" the watermark and that's what it should be like.

Alright.. but with desktop recording I have to disable chat messages ("do not disturb") in steam so they won't pop up while recording.

Dweller_Benthos

Recording desktop might also capture mouse movements as well, I've even seen them where there should be no mouse visible but it shows up anyway and follows the movements of the player in the game as if the mouse was moving around the screen. But as long as it works, then great!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳