Call of Duty: WW2

Started by PZ, April 23, 2017, 09:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

So, I didn't watch that whole thing, but is it multiplayer only? I seemed to get that impression.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I understand it is SP, MP, and Coop

Art Blade

hehe, I hope it's not one of those games that feature a perceived measly one hour SP campaign, just to cover all angles, but generally the focus is yet again on MP. Wouldn't be the first one.

LowPolyOWG

It seem to focus on 1944-1945 in France. At least CoD campaigns tend to be better than BF. SHG wants to focus on comradeship in this title, not single person superheroism as seen in BF1...

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Only time will tell I guess

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, if the SP is just an extended tutorial for the online game, I'll pass. But coop with a friend would be cool, but would still require a decent internet connection, which I don't have.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I agree about the SP - that is still and will always be my most important feature of a game.

Art Blade

I sometimes buy games only for the co-op aspect. Well, I can afford it, my connection is good enough for that.

PZ

I just read short feed that suggests the zombie aspect is part of coop play. I hope they do not introduce it into the SP game - I am leaning toward this game just because it is a WW2 game - one can only hope.  :thumbsup:

If zombies are part of the SP component, I think I'll pass as I have never played any game through with zombies - they bore me to death.

LowPolyOWG

Zombies is a separate game mode ;)

CoD games have always been linear, but if SHG has a good story within, I'm OK with this.

PZ

Zombies, and now women in combat - the game is becoming less interesting to me as time progresses. These days I get the feeling that game developers come up with a good idea and then f&@k it up as much as they can.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-ww2-has-female-soldiers-in-multiplaye/1100-6449704/

LowPolyOWG

Women did serve in WW2 (Russian snipers/pilots and the resistance movements around the world). Not something to be seen in western militaries at that time. We might encounter females in SP (French resistance fighters had female members) so that's a historical fact.

MP is a different story, I have nothing against female characters in a multiplayer game/mode or in any video game for that matter.

Art Blade

as long as they're young, dumb, blond, long-legged and feature an ample bust, I'm OK with them around, too.

PZ

Not me - no one is ever going to convince me that a woman is going to be able to physically compete with men, unless you pit a strong fit woman with an elderly unfit man.

Interesting example - a woman police officer recently shot and killed a man driving a car because she was terrified that he was going for a gun (her words). Unfortunately for her, the video showed that he had his hands up. Sure, that can happen to a male office, but the video showed that she was clearly nearly hysterically terrified.

Art Blade

look at the female competitors at Olympic Games. I reckon they'll "outfit" most normal men.

Tags:
🡱 🡳