Call of Duty: WW2

Started by PZ, April 23, 2017, 09:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diablo_Lobo

Someone up there forgot to mention COD United Offensive.

As someone that was born in an Army hospital, spent the first 14 years of my life moving from base to base with my dad in the U.S. Army, and then 7 days after my 17 birthday, I rose my hand and swore in and then spent 15 years in the U.S. Army, I will say this.

First, there have been women in and around combat for a very long time. There were entire squadrons of Women squads flying combat missions of Russia against the Nazi's / Facist. I also personally know 2 women that flew combat missions flying Apache choppers in Iraq and Afghanistan. And if a woman in the army, marines, etc .... is strong enough to do the job.... Just Remember, not everyone in the military looks like Arnold Schwartniger (actually VERY few do), nor do they need to. It only takes approx 7 pounds of pressure to pull the trigger of an M16, or just about any other military weapon.

To make it real simple, and I have said this to people's faces when the old "don't ask don't tell" debate would come up about gays in the military, "at least they showed up", where were you ?

It hurts some feelings and pisses some off, but .....  so women in the military, why not? I know some civilian women that could whip 1/2 of all the civilian guys on the streets, and by the time you put people (women, gays, and whoever) through the right training, make them Army Strong, then it is a totally different ball game. And most guys that go into boot-camp come out A LOT more deadly that when they went in, that is what boot-camp is all about.

So with the right training, why not ? At least they're willing.

Just my $0.02.

------------------------------------

BTW, SP/ Campaign mode is a lot more fun/ important to me than online player mode, always has been, so to the "short SP campaign, being a waste",  I totally agree.

And to the Zombie *bleep* they throw into some of these games, utter non-sense and I never play em. As a matter of fact, could they not have taken the time to do those zombie missions, to give us a couple more regular missions ? geeze.

Art Blade

BinnZ

I liked the zombie missions the most in CoD BO. The only CoD I ever played. The story in that addition was long enough for me. I did hardly play the MP game, except for the zombies stuff.
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

CoD is basically a linear, fast paced action packed shooting gallery. Don't think a longer campaign would be helpful, unless you increase the length of the missions.

I'm pretty sure Treyarch experimented with a wave based mode which became quite popular and I assume Activi$ion believes every CoD game should have zombies just for the $$$... The game could have a wave based survivial mode, but I wished they could do it as MW3 did. Pitting you against normal enemies rather than hordes of aliens and zombies.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Sniper Elite 2+3 have those co-op "survival" modes against normal (human) enemies.

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, that would be better IMO. Fighting human enemies is more challenging as the waves progress (better weaponry, larger numbers or even a different type of enemy)

PZ

Rockstar added a zombie DLC into RDR which I foolishly purchased because I like the game so much. However, that was made me realize that the zombies in anything other than movies is not for me  :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

He he, well, I haven't played Black ops 3 zombies in a while.  :anigrin:

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on May 04, 2017, 08:34:10 AMAnd since I believe they're generally speaking equal and to be treated equally, I did not hesitate to punch one in the face

Old habits die hard. :anigrin:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

fragger

I'm over zombies. Games, movies, TV shows... Considering there have never been such things, there sure is a lot of stuff with them in it. And still they churn them out. There are several new games and sequels to existing ones due out this year which are themed around zombie apocalypses.

Zombies should just get a life, I reckon.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

If the story is well done, the zombie mode can be interesting. Treyarch added ciphers in their maps which is NOT easy to decode at all  :-X

Some ciphers from The Giant

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ISsv-ZaPPfQ8Tj9qcUqQ5_lM6oiLBKGVcOFsHclXqso/edit

The entire story

LowPolyOWG

CoD: WW2 multiplayer trailer.

nex

I think the only reason why devs put zombies into a game is because they (the devs) cannot think up a decent script
and also judging by what teenagers of today go after.
The bigger the gun and the bigger and uglier the zombie the better they like it,
we had a teenage nephew staying with us for a while when FC2 was doing the rounds.
This kid gave the game one look commented that it's boring, no action in it and walked away.
Respect is earned, not given.

Tags:
🡱 🡳