Call of Duty: WW2

Started by PZ, April 23, 2017, 09:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

PZ

Spot on, nex  O0

I'll always be an old school gamer that prefers SP over MP, and prefer reality over zombies and bosses (which are the favorites of little kid gamers because of the chaos required to make it w0#k  :gnehe:)

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

According to SHG, the zombie mode will be a mix of Dead Space. Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield (founders of Slegdehammer Games) were EA devs at Visceral Studio. They developed the Dead Space game and then, departed to become an Activision developer.

RelaxingEnd playing the new Operations game mode.

TDM/Domination gameplay.

Relaxing never talks in his videos, so enjoy pure gameplay :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

so many years of scoped rifle shooting and still they don't get it right: when you look through the scope, EVERYTHING ELSE outside the scope gets magnified, too. Basically, the whole screen is zoomed and then place a reticle in the centre and call it "scope."  :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

I guess it has to do with rendering issues/consoles being low specced. You basically ask the game to render two different FOVs on-screen. The funny thing is that the first-person model dissappear so in some games (FC2), your weapon vanish when ADS-ing :gnehe:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Some games can do that, it all comes down to engine programming/rendering algortihms without slowing the game down. I don't want to aim at a guy when my frame rate drops down to 40 fps...

Dual rendering in CoD: Ghosts. Note the DOF surrounding the scope on the AWP. Being a poorly optimized game, it makes my frame rate go down from 90 to 40 :angry-new:

Same effect, but with 10x zoom

It could be possible to remove the DOF effect, but I assume fps would go waaay down... Too bad IW was a mess following the departures of the founders. Also, being developed in less than two years, you can't spend much time rewriting the engine...

Art Blade

wow. I haven't played any games with that option, it looks cool :) instead of that full-screen zoom or frame rate drop, I much rather have a scoped view with everything around blacked out.

LowPolyOWG

Well, that's how older games worked back into the days. Scope reticles are drawn as a separate HUD element, rather than a separate object. Older CoDs worked like that. Now, they went with cheap pseudo "dual rendering" rather than the Ghosts variant. I assume the majority of gamers found it distracting (you don't have a full-screen view of the scope) and devs then thought: Okay, let's have dual rendering, but not with different FOVs being rendered at the same time. Battlefield 1 does that too... FC2 apparently went with this, jugding from the AR-16 pic

I hope you noticed how the scope area remained magnified while the outside is not :) Also, you can see the gun being present  :bigsmile:

Red Orchestra features Ghosts-style dual rendering, minus the DoF applied.

Art Blade

yes, of course I noticed, that's why I said "wow"  :)

LowPolyOWG

PZ

I like the broomhandle Mauser in the video - I had one, someone stole it  :'(

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

What a shame :( I'd like to come to the U.S one day and test an AR-15.

fragger

Bloody thieves, I hate those lowlifes :angry-new:

PZ

Indeed - it was a vintage WW1 weapon that I just fortuitously stumbled upon in a gun shop in Southern California - only paid $375.

Quote from: OWGKID on June 19, 2017, 08:52:23 AM
What a shame :( I'd like to come to the U.S one day and test an AR-15.
I played with an M4 a couple of summers ago, on full auto, and it was a blast  :thumbsup:

Tags:
🡱 🡳