Fallout 3

Started by Dweller_Benthos, July 01, 2017, 05:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

alright, enjoy your trip :thumbsup:

PZ

mandru

The DLC for FO4 other than Far Harbor failed to interest me.  Instead of straight forward new areas with with local and cross tying missions it went into (for me any way) weird content like the "robot modeler pack" or the "run with the bad guys and ruin your hard established settlements".  ???

The FO3 GOTY pack exceeded my expectations.  After the base game I found none of the 5 additional parts of DLC to be a waste of my time.

When a game like this hits my sweet spot I find I'm pretty easily amused.  I've completed two full runs through FO3 and have spent the last couple weeks (at the end of this 2nd time through) thrashing every bad guy I can collecting fingers and super mutant blood samples.  :evil2:

A bonus has been the PC console cheats.  If you have all five additional DLC parts of the game activated from the beginning of a New Start and know the reference ID's for items you can access them with the PC console "player.additem" command.

In my last play through the first thing I did was conjure up the Chinese Stealth Armor and Helmet, a silenced 10mm, Jingwei's shock sword, and the Alien Fire lance for isolated non-stealth quick kills.  I better add the Gauss Rifle to that list too.  Sometimes you need a scope to eyeball something from a distance and there's a lot to be said for the combined knockdown and stun power of the Gauss rifle.

Other than the few specific times I've had to wear other articles of clothing (or as in starting The Pitt no armor at all) as a mission requirement I've forsaken all other forms of armor and at first opportunity loaded up my favorites and run under pure Chinese stealth.

Heh heh.  In Mothership Zeta the two aliens that opened the holding cell thinking all my gear had been stripped off me were totally unprepared for me and my cellmate (it took several save and reload attempts to reverse pick pocket sharp eyed Somah  :-[  and then stalling until she suited up before our mock fight) to both be kitted out in full ranger battle armor and Jingwei's shock swords.  :D

It was also FO3 with the Chinese Stealth where I learned the joy of executing a perfect Exploding Pants maneuver.  :anigrin:

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

that Exploding Pants maneuver seems to be more difficult in FO4

Dweller_Benthos

I rarely had enough patience to sneak close enough to someone to put a grenade in their pocket. I think I did it just enough to get whatever perk or achievement was involved and that was it.

Each of the FO4 DLC had at least one aspect I liked, but Far Harbor was the best as far as story is concerned. For Nuka World I used the mod that lets you skip attacking your own settlements. That should have been an option from the beginning for those that wanted to do an "evil" game, but the way it's tacked on after the fact isn't very satisfying.

I have just a bit of the main quest in FO3 to do and then Broken Steel, so I'll move on to New Vegas after that.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Once I met up with the Brotherhood of Steel, I noticed the character I created was essentially a twin for Sarah Lyons, oops:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

So, I gave her a new hairstyle and color

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I could give her a new face but I'd have to go back to the guy in Rivet City for that and that was the other direction from where I needed to go. I'm currently killing the super mutants in Vault 87 on the way to get the GECK, so not much more of the main quest to do.
D_B

PZ

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, except Sarah is wearing BoS t51 armor, and my girl is wearing Enclave Hellfire armor. There are so many Enclave soldiers to kill that their armor is all over the place, and it gives more protection, sooooo.....
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Finished the main quest and just started Broken Steel, so nearing the end for this game. I may take a break from the Fallout stuff for a bit, been playing almost exclusively in that "universe" for almost a year and a half now. New Vegas may wait a bit while I look at some other games for a bit that I haven't been doing anything with.
D_B

Art Blade

you're describing me and GTAV online. I think I know what you mean. :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

I actually didn't play all weekend, aside from going to that strange place called THE OUTSIDE (mostly to mow my lawn), I did some other things. I'll get back to Fallout this week I expect, I almost did last night but ran out of time before that other strange thing called SLEEP took over.  :D
D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳