Sale on UBI*bleep* games

Started by PZ, June 15, 2019, 07:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I know most of you gents do not like the UBI*bleep* games, but just in case you are in the mood for a specific title, there are some good deals going on right now.

LowPolyOWG

I went ahead and bought Div 2. Tried it during the free trial this weekend. I have played the prequel, so I know what I am getting:
QuoteA huge unfolding map, with side missions recycled over the playspace, dozens of collectibles, outposts that need to be cleared etc, etc
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Graphics isn't phenomenal, but performance is great :laughsm: :anigrin:

Art Blade

PZ

I've played Just Cause 2 for a while now, off and on, and have enjoyed it quite a bit. I particularly like the music, and the mods have changed the game to my preferences (in my favor rather than having to struggle all the time). However, I'm wanting to go back into AC Origins because you can start the game with your prior character. I also want to go back into Wildlands, but I think I'll do Origins first. I'm also wanting to go back into some of the old AC games, like AC2 because I love the setting.

Dweller_Benthos

I bought all the Far Cry games I didn't have when they were on sale a while back, got Primal, Blood Dragon and the first one in a bundle for like $15 or something. I still have yet to play them much beyond the intro, but I will eventually probably.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

Despite their loser qualities, UBI*bleep* has produced most of my favorite games. Without UBI*bleep* I doubt I'd have ever started the OWG site, so there is a slight redeeming, if unrecognized quality to their existence.  :gnehe:

Art Blade

you might as well say, without $. UBI*bleep* wanted to get your $, you gave your $ to them, and started OWG. It's about as romantic as your story. :gnehe:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Well, you could say that about any game company, they aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts, they are in it to make money. Just some are more predatory than others and from what I've heard of EA, they make UBI*bleep* look like shining examples of goodness. From my experiences with UBI*bleep*, they are about like any other game company, you pay for the game they make and play it, I really don't know where all the hate comes from.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I don't hate UBI*bleep*'s games. I hate their "support."

LowPolyOWG

It comes from broken releases (AC Unity) and lying about the visual fidelity of their games. Anyway, that's every game on E3, using different preets for graphics etc. EA pushed for gambling in a "children's" Star Wars game (Disney called EA to get the loot boxes removed) and Disney, a movie company catering their films to children probably don't want to be associated with things that are not child friendly

Art Blade

unity was when it really went over the top for me, I had worked hard to achieve a weapon but it wouldn't unlock for me while it did for a friend. I believe it was about winning as a clan/group and hitting gold status (top) of the current clan ladder of your division or some such. Meaning, we had been working hard and got the reward, or so I thought.. their support fucked up so hard that in the end, I was one of those players who got an official apology from UBI*bleep* and a list of (then) brand new UBI*bleep* titles to pick one game from for free, in my case I chose FC4 which I wouldn't have bought anymore, I was already done with UBI*bleep*

Tags:
🡱 🡳