Thief Simulator

Started by Art Blade, December 30, 2018, 05:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Doesn't it save a checkpoint when you get out of the car? I hope? That's what I assumed, I'd take some stuff, stash it in the car, get in, get out, then go steal more stuff. If not, I've been lucky up til now.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I guess you were lucky. :)

I am pretty sure that it only saves when you get into a map. Like, first save: driving into one of those streets. Next save: arriving at your home/hideout/junkyard/pawn shop map.

Dweller_Benthos

I'll have to test that.
D_B

Art Blade

The hardest-to-get achievement (and yes, I'm back to 100% for this game)

No cheats.. but damn, it's both tough and expensive. After a few fails, I decided to go brute force and sod all that silent stuff. It worked. :anigrin:

The hacking laptop pro alone costs like 120k if I'm not mistaken and if you want that cloaking device, you have to finish the game once first because you need Game+ to unlock it and then it costs another 150k lol..

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, I'll just file that under "Things I'll never do in a game because they are too dang hard" or take too much time or whatever. But the cloaking device, heh, doesn't hide you completely, does it? That cop saw you after a bit. Probably only good for the first glance and then you better be hidden better.
D_B

Art Blade

Frankly, I have no idea why he first doesn't see me and as soon as he gets to the "stolen" vehicle, I'm busted. Or zapped. This shouldn't have happened but that's why I showed it to you. :)

As to the achievements.. the recent three are really tough to get and require a lot of prerequisites so yeah, not worth it unless you have finished the whole game and, like I did, went on with Game+. Then these challenges pop up as something else to do to get back to 100% completion. ;)

Art Blade

Here one more achievement (there's a third included, of sorts.. the way I exit is the way you can steal a skid loader which was parked in front of the ramp before I stole it..) and it's comparatively simple: steal five yellow equipment boxes. Of course it works without the cloaking device but hell.. at least people will know where to look for those boxes :)

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, no XP for that though? Stealth rating A, and no XP? Is it because you used the cloaking device?
D_B

Art Blade

Cheers. I may have been capped at level 50.

Dweller_Benthos

D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳