10 years and 30,000 posts. :D

Started by Art Blade, June 06, 2019, 10:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Hey, I've been with OWG for a tad over 10 years now and this is just a topic to celebrate

my 30,000th post.

I am posting a lot less on average than I used to. :gnehe: I remember a daily average of 30+ posts in the early days of Far Cry 2. And I remember apologising to PZ when overtaking him regarding post count :gnehe:

nex

Congrats Art   O0
We've come a long way
Respect is earned, not given.

BinnZ

Wow, nice Mate! 30k, that makes a novella you can smash a whole lot of bugs with on a summer evening :bigsmile:

+1 for the achievement, and funny that it actually still is 30k exactly atm :thumbsup: ;)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

I forgot to give you a slap on the back Art +1
Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

I was going to hit the report to moderator link just as a joke, so that Art would have to delete his own post and ban himself. Now that would be funny.  :laughsm:

But really, has it been that long? Sheesh.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

Congratz, AB! +1 from me as well!  :bigsmile:

fragger

Coming up on 10 years for me too, bloody hell ??? Where did that decade go?

I haven't been as verbose as Art though, I'm still yet to crack five figures...

+1 from me too, me old china :) Well done, and keep 'em coming!

Art Blade

thank you all, gentlemen :) Will do, fragger :gnehe:

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I see mandru found out how to quickly increase his post count and is now starting to catch up: one click on the smiley list, one for the post command.. and the post count goes up by one. Keep going, mandru, you might make it.. :gnehe:

Then again.. including this post, our site statistics reveal that we've got a total post count of 57,177.

Which means I alone posted more than ALL members combined.
Teaming up with PZ whose post count is almost 20k, the two admins here are responsible for about 90% of all posts.

I don't think that's easy to top (talking about 50k posts) out there on the net.

:D

:beer2:

BinnZ

Well, then there must be something wrong with the post count... put together only the 5 most posting people and you already have much more than 57k...
You, 30k
PZ, 20k
fragger, 8k
me, 5.5k
JRD, 4.5k
... gives 68k posts.  :huh-new:

Edit: About those statistics... 40,071 topics.... can that be accurate? :o
"No hay luz"

PZ

Quote from: BinnZ on June 08, 2019, 05:26:51 AM
Edit: About those statistics... 40,071 topics.... can that be accurate? :o

Yes, it is accurate. Remember there is a board called "In the news" and a child board that is called "Feeds". The Feeds board is an automated pull of some gaming RSS, and contains about 39k topics.

BinnZ

Ah, yes, ok that is accurate then. Never thought of that, I never go there :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳