Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Lootpoint Beta

Started by LowPolyOWG, September 05, 2019, 01:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Oh, Ubisoft! :banghead:

Anyway, open beta this weekend (starting on Thursday)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

After playing the full release (I am not finished with the story), this game is nothing special, just a cash grab that wants you to throw more money at it. What's funny, I went into an airfield and triggered a fight with one of the antagonists. Sadly, it didn't finished the game, but I skipped chapter 2  :D

The in-game store is full of
from r/GhostRecon
*bleep* and the game has a pointless loot system. Gunplay feels the same as Wildlands, with some nice changes (you can now steady aim your scope like in CoD). Anyway, thanks to trainers/cheat tables I do not need to bother with the store. For $14.99 thanks to Uplay+, decent value. Think I will get my gear to the 200 score cap, finish the story and then play something else :)

Dweller_Benthos

So it's pretty easy to completely circumvent the micro money purchases and just cheat in the items? Well, it is Ubisoft.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

uh-oh. Seriously: if you can cheat items that other players have to pay for, that might be in violation of the EULA and if they find out about you "helping" yourself to those items, they might ban you.  Just be careful, G :)

LowPolyOWG

The items can be bought with currency you earn while playing or looted in-game. Ubisoft also have them branded as "time savers", which means I can pay to have them unlocked. What I do, is teleporting to the locations/give myself enough in-game cash to buy them. The trainer I use, do not let me hack the premium currency. Also, I do not intend to do any sorts of PvP/multiplayer action. Basically, I make it easier for me to buy them in the singleplayer game. Which shouldn't be monetized in the first place...

The greedy bastards made a battle pass that limits how many points you can earn at a day :banghead:

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Anyway, Ubisoft were dumb enough to store that battle pass progression client-side, so I gave myself roughly 15000 points in total to max it out for the season :evil2:

Anyway, as I said, will keep it this month, unsubscribe from their service and not touch this after that.

Just LOOK AT those *bleep* items

Art Blade

"you might find a game in between those micro transactions" LOL

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, now I have a place to spend all those ghost coins in my pocket, whew!

But really, microtransactions on a single player game? I mean, in multiplayer, OK, I can see maybe a very tiny amount of justification for them, but in SP? No, just no. Cheat in as many as you can I say.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on October 03, 2019, 07:54:16 AM
But really, microtransactions on a single player game? I mean, in multiplayer, OK, I can see maybe a very tiny amount of justification for them, but in SP? No, just no. Cheat in as many as you can I say.

:anigrin: Pretty much what I did in AC: Odyssey too

LowPolyOWG

Ohh, Ubisoft's Ubification finally got them :anigrin:

Looks like this game was the Breaking Point for Ubisoft yet again (AC Unity's broken launch anyone?) :gnehe:
Will UBI*bleep* "learn" from this? Nah, they will repeat the same *bleep* over and over again and players will still buy their "new" cookie cutter games and then complain again.

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Yep, it flopped so bad that Ubisoft are delaying their next games :D With my membership expired, I have uninstalled the game.

So, no more Ubified garbage?

Tags:
🡱 🡳