Halo Reach PC gameplay

Started by LowPolyOWG, September 09, 2019, 03:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

News posted here for reference. Ever since the announcement, there have been two closed betas. First was a campaign mission and the latest "flight" was Firefight. Bungie added a survival like mode which first appeared in Halo ODST. Looking at the videos, the game plays and looks nice on a PC, despite not being built for the PC in 2010. Last test will be multiplayer PvP, then game relase.

Due to flight progress went slower than what 343i anticipated, I guess we won't see Reach on Steam until late October/November. Rest of games, probably during the first quarter of 2020. 343i had to add a lot of new things that Bungie didn't needed to do, like menus for keyboard controls/graphical options. The menu will be universal across the game and once Reach is out, the other games might be faster to w0#k with.

Sniperfight gameplay

Tip of The spear gameplay
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Looks nice but is it essentially multiplayer PvP like a billion other games? Is there a single player mode with a story or anything?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Tip of the Spear is a story mission ;)

LowPolyOWG

Yay, I got in into the closed test... On the Windows Store client :banghead: :undecided-new: Anyway, being a test, I have had some random crashes for no reason. Alt-tabbing when loading caused freezing. For some reason, I only connected to US servers on the east. No notable lag issues, but I noticed some bullets did not register on a hit. Even fatal errors can happen

Outisde of that, the controls feel great and it plays faster and more fluid, compared to it's Xbox 360 version :bigsmile:

BinnZ

Interesting. Maybe for the testing they only set up servers in that region, and maybe that's why you have bullet issues, some artificial lag solution. Lag is a strange thing. Might be something else though. I still am interested for this game. I only played Halo2 on PC and that was a great game, although very outdated even back then :P
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Yeah. I have reported my issues to 343i and they are aware of some of them :)

LowPolyOWG

I capped the flight build to 60 fps and it ran more stable  :gnehe: I hope they can fix stability with frame rate set on unlimited. Again, the engine was never developed for this when Bungie laid down the foundation for it, back in 2007-2010. Even Destiny 2 had some frame rate physics bugs, being a descendant of Halo's Blam engine.

Art Blade

a constant rate of 60 should be good if they can achieve that :)

LowPolyOWG

It already runs at 60, but above that, it's glitchy. I do appreciate their effort into reworking the engines.

Binn, we need to do co-op in this game  :anigrin:

BinnZ

Yeah, that would be cool GKID!  O0
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

The main menu along with the other menus. The flight is not under any NDA, so you are free to record/stream the game.

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

there are going to be quite a few games available before Xmas  :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPNkDfampKY

Official launch trailer :)

Steam page is UP! 8)

399 NOK for the entire thing (45-ish $/50 € at current exchange rate or $9.99/11.99€ for Reach only)

Dweller_Benthos

Steam sent me a special e-mail and had a notice pop up when I launched it last night, they are really pushing this, heh.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳