Halo Reach PC gameplay

Started by LowPolyOWG, September 09, 2019, 03:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

BinnZ

DAmn, why do they release two major titles at the same time? I'm going to have to let thisone wait because RDR2 has my preference, but I will put it on my wishlist, not to forget it and buy it at some bargain moment eventually  ;)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

Latest dev blog which goes more in-depth into the flighting data and bug fixes before and post launch :)

LowPolyOWG

Some screenshots of the game. It's good to have Halo back on PC and the controls are great with a mouse and keyboard. Some odd keybind desicions and some fps related animation bugs. Anyway, can't blame 343i, they had to rewrite some aspects of Bungie's code to enable unlimited frame rate, which has some game logic tied to it.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Welcome to Noble, 6

Exploding a drop ship with a double-barreled rocket launcher :anigrin:

Assassinating someone :)

Double kill from the grave :evil2:

Art Blade

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Me playing Metropolis from Halo 2 Anniversary, with some skulls enabled, that makes for some interesting gameplay.  :laughsm:
Also, you can toggle between the old H2 graphics and the new graphics from the remaster. I noticed that audio mixing is a little weird, the newer audio is louder, while the classic is more silent.

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool you can toggle the graphics on the fly like that. Goes to show how far the graphics have come, and the sounds too, the originals most likely were just standard playback of the sound file where the new ones take into account the space and objects in the scene, not to mention probably higher fidelity sounds files to begin with.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Bungie snagged sounds from a public sound library back then, until they developed Halo 3 and Reach, which used field recordings. 343i went all-in on field recordings for the anniversary audio and later Halo games (4 and 5)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdodJejx9VM&list=PLenzWUxX6CIeCaH7MYMKoBbJO20l84Qte

A playlist showcasing 343i's audio w0#k on Halo Infinite, coming on the new kitchen Xbox and Windows 10 PCs

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I like how they are shooting guns off in a city setting and some car alarm goes off... hehe

And the ones where they are throwing what looks like pure sodium in water (bad idea) and it sparks all over the place and someone gets burned ... ow ow ow ow ow ow
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Huh, looks like the YT playlist didn't embed properly :banghead:

Art Blade

you cannot embed playlists here, only single videos. Workaround is to use "code"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdodJejx9VM&list=PLenzWUxX6CIeCaH7MYMKoBbJO20l84Qte

Tags:
🡱 🡳