TIMELAPSE OF THE FUTURE: A Journey to the End of Time (4K)

Started by Art Blade, October 17, 2019, 01:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I'll have to watch that when I can spend more attention on it, looks interesting.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I wouldn't want to be a witness to those over the top disasters  :gnehe:

BinnZ

Quote from: PZ on October 18, 2019, 05:12:37 PM
I wouldn't want to be a witness to those over the top disasters  :gnehe:

You will be, in one form or another ;)

However, I personally don't believe everything will end in darkness and nothingness. I believe that the cosmos is more than just space and energy and it will definitely evolve in something new again. I like the theory about the parallel universes though, with intelligence as the only possible hope to form connection between those... really mind boggling indeed
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

mandru

Cool find.  A well produced presentation.  Mind stretching.  +1 @ Art
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Finally got around to watching this. I've seen something like this before, and is the current theory about how things will shake out in the universe. I remember when there was some question back when I was a young person, and the thinking back then was that eventually the universe would stop expanding, then begin shrinking again, until it collapsed back into a massive singularity. That was before dark matter and dark energy were brought into the equation and it started to look like the universe would continue expanding until it just dissipates into nothing. I remember feeling a bit, maybe disappointed isn't quite the right word, but something like that, that the universe would just fade into nothing. Not sure why that would bother me, as it's all a theory right now and really any result is so far in the future that it's inconceivable to a human. But if you take the big bang theory as the origin of the universe, it's essentially an explosion, and explosions eventually dissipate their energy as they expand outward, and eventually disappear. That's what will most likely happen to the universe as well.

Then again, the universe might just be a simulation in a giant alien computer system, so who knows?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

BinnZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on October 27, 2019, 03:46:02 PM
Then again, the universe might just be a simulation in a giant alien computer system, so who knows?

:) Good one :bigsmile:

I too feel a bit weird about this theory, if only it was because I just simply can't get my head around the fact that things end. We don't end, period. We are, and always will be.

I had an interesting discussion with Art the other day, about conciousness. Conciousness may appear in a singularity, but that doesn't explain the altruistic stimulus in existence. Like, what would my toe think of me kicking a football, or worse, smoke myself to death starting with the toes falling of due to a lack of blood circulant. And even better; what would worker bees think of such an approach?
For some reason they accept the fact that they are part of something bigger and therefore act the way they do, making something bigger than their own singular existence w0#k.
Art didn't agree with me on the example that maybe a hive operates as a singularity with particles with their own altruistic role in the matter. Or actually, he didn't agree with me that this hive may be a broader example of conciousness or, that this conciousness is actually not bound to a singularity. I thought that maybe a hive is the next step in concious evolution. Something that in fact is also applying already to the human hive, although not being diverged into physical aspects of the human body.
I believe conciousness is growing stronger and more aware when the singularity interacts with more around itself. You can literally become bigger. Like when you drive a car. You may at some point feel one with the car, knowing exactly when yo brake, how to do it and when it doesn't feel well. Your singularity is growing, becoming more than this one point view.
I would like to believe this is another dimension, that connects different points to each other and makes the singularity grow bigger than space.
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳