Death Stranding

Started by BinnZ, November 02, 2019, 12:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

Unfortunately this game only comes out on PS4, because this really is a title I would want to get. It's an adventure game that basically only focusses on you transporting 'stuff' from A to B, through a vast and wild countryside.
Somehow the makers have managed to make that interesting enough to enjoy, and combined it with a good story. There's even a multiplayer, where people w0#k together almost unnoticed. I find that very intriguing.

Here's 2018's E3 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=72&v=rP3UngLFou4
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

And here the launch trailer. Damn I hate those PS4 exclusives :(

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

The first vid:

"Potentially inappropriate video
To view this video, please confirm you are old enough by entering your birth date."

I hate it. It requires me to go to my google account or create one and all that, leave personal data that I wish to keep to myself (at least I don't want to give it to google et alii) and to top it off, I could pretend to be the Highlander born a few centuries ago and they couldn't prove me wrong. Any child can click itself to adulthood and watch this potentially inappropriate video. :banghead:

And now comes a magic trick.. here.. I can watch it here in this post.. no need to tell them I'm old enough. All I did is remove the time stamp ("time_continue=72&") so it actually embeds and embedded vids don't ask your age. ;)

Art Blade

I just finished watching those two. Almost studied them :anigrin:

Great names in that production. Hideo Kojima used to w0#k for Konami and later worked with Sony. I know his name in relation to Metal Gear, a series that started as early as 1987. I also like Mads Mikkelsen a lot since I first saw him in Adam's Apples from 2005. And whoa, Guillermo del Toro.. he's crazy :anigrin: I know him since and from The Devil's Backbone (el espinazo del diablo) from 2001.

All that is kind of pointing into one direction: this game is likely going to be an intense experience.

Let's watch a playthrough on YouTube  :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

It will launch on PC next year in summer 2020 ;)

Skill Up's review of the game. Some outlets find it's gameplay slow and stale, althought praise are given to it's gameplay elements (the online world is affected by other player's action, including your own)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

It looks quite interesting, and something that is worth getting.

The player looks like Norman Reedus who plays Daryl on the Walking Dead.

BinnZ

Quote from: OWGKID on November 02, 2019, 07:13:37 AM
It will launch on PC next year in summer 2020 ;)

That is good news! I'll definitely keep this one on my radar for next year :)
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

That is Norman Reedus from Walking Dead. I saw some videos of this and was a bit confused, they never really say what the game is about. Looks really cool though....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

Pre-purchase is available now on Steam; Launch on July the 14th!!!!!
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

I'm crazy. I did it. Again. I pre-purchased. Fingers crossed ::)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Enjoy your postman walking simulator :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

yeah :anigrin: Not too long ago, I watched an entire playthrough. I won't spoil anything, though.

I saw it on steam and thought, "Binn is going to be excited." :bigsmile:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah back when it was released on PS4 I watched the first hour of the game, 45 minutes of that was cut scenes. Not that that's a bad thing, but even then I was still scratching my head as to what the game is about. It's like you're getting to a movie halfway into the story and you have to figure it out from there. Looks really cool though, but yeah, confusing.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

First impressions: The game is something totally different. The graphics are amazing. The sound intriguing and so far, the general gameplay immersive. Gotta go further later, will keep you posted :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳