50 years of..

Started by Art Blade, November 05, 2019, 02:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

...SESAME STREET!

edit: pushing down the vid to free up the front page of the forum.

Dweller_Benthos

haha, yeah I watched this as a kid, learned to count in Spanish, fun stuff like that lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:anigrin: :anigrin: I loved Sesame Street when I was a kid.

Art Blade

fragger

Wow, that show is almost as old as I am!

Never got into it as a kid, but as a young adult I used to like it. It was still oddly entertaining for adults (except for maybe the REAL kiddy-type bits).

I preferred the Muppet Show that later grew out of this, especially those two old geezers who always heckled the show from their balcony :gnehe:

Art Blade

:anigrin: yeah, when I was older, I too preferred the muppet show and I too loved those two old geezers :D But I grew up watching Sesame Street and I loved it to bits. :)

Hey, by the way, check the previous vid at 28:07 or click this link:

Watch young Stevie Wonder performing "Superstition" at Sesame Street, and at 33:42 or he actually adds a special small improvised bit ??? "Sesame Street, that's where I will be!" -- I never knew that until just now. Amazing :)

Also, at the start, really legendary, the 1968 "Mah Nà Mah Nà" song (by Italian composer Piero Umiliani) at 3:24 or OH YEAH! Even better to watch/listen to the original in the spoiler.
Spoiler

Also, following through that whole Sesame vid, I think I now understand why I'm so much more into Funk than any other type of music, that series must have had a deeper impact on my life than I thought LOL! I mean, I grew up in the Seventies which was the absolute prime time of Funk :D

BinnZ

Before reading your last reply Art, I also wanted to make a comment on the Mah nah mah nah song. It IS legendary. I think I know it from the muppet show, but doesn't matter. It never gets old :D

Here's the Dutch banana-in-your-ear-scatch. I think the Dutch voices are better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvC8Fs0oKCQ
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I didn't know that Mah na mah na song was an actual song, thought they made it up for the show. It still bounces around in my brain now and then.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳