Red Dead Screenies

Started by BinnZ, December 09, 2019, 11:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

Interesting list of horses, but indeed nothing about character owned horses.
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

when I sold a level 4 Tennessee Walker to the horse fence and got back up on my SPT, the fence looked at me and told me,

"that horse is already glue." WHOA ???

SPT and the fence, not friends.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

He then said he was only joking. At first I thought he was referring to SPT but when I tried again (like, come on, say that again so I can blow your head off) there was a message on the screen:

"Clay is not looking to fence this breed of horse." Bastard. However, not planning to sell her anyway :bigsmile:

Alright. Apparently I am the only one who cares about that sweet, poor thing.

Unless you guys want to give her a chance, too :)

SPT and John being cool.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I spent a good amount of time up in the Murfree brood territory, but none of them were riding horses, only on foot. I probably killed maybe 15-20 of them too. I'm pretty much fed up with my horse who's otherwise pretty decent but if there's even a hint of something bad in the area, he freaks out.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I think those "horse-Murfrees" are typically not close to their home base (Beaver Hollow) and never at their base. My very first encounter with them (and SPT) was along the Kamassa River to the North (not far from the trapper there) and my 2nd (and also last) encounter was a bit to the South like closer to Van Horn. I think they stay within New Hannover meaning they won't go as far down as to the swamps of Lemoyne. Also the other events, with them included, were prepped, like stationary with dead victims and that could be the important clue for you: as soon as you see one or two small crosses ("x") on the map for dead people's bodies, head over there. As long as you're within New Hannover and somewhat in reach of the Kamassa River, they've got to be Murfree victims and typically the Murfrees will still be loitering there so you can run into them.

However, be mindful.. horses run away when a shoot-out is starting so you might have to look for horses first so you know whether there were some before the killing started :gnehe: In my (last) case some had run off to the shore of Lannahachee River to the East.

The other day I tested a huge Shire to see how calm they were at level 4. Well.. cougar pops up, just barely enough time for an almost instant dead-eye kill-reaction and the horse throws me off and runs away. SPT was just standing there watching lol

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I came across a couple of those encounters where they had killed some people leaving an X on the map. I'm pretty sure there were no horses around, as I usually try to sneak up on them to see what's going on. Then I try to shoot one in one shot and then get the other. Then usually a couple more come running up, but no horses there either. I'll keep looking.
D_B

Art Blade

it's really not a common encounter but your best bet is hanging out up and down that river, especially at night. What can also help is camping/sleeping in that area because if you're "lucky," they might be waiting for you when you wake up. Happened to me the first time and I also had that happening with the Skinner Brothers but it may be a one time only event as a way of introducing themselves to you "properly" but only once. At least I had only one of each wake up calls. Anyway, night time is good because you'll see the light, literally. I saw the light coming from the coach they had attacked, the candles were still burning but everyone from that coach including the horses were dead. They had their own horses waiting not far from the coach which is why they didn't run away in complete panic mode (if they run away in complete panic you can forget it, that kind of horse typically just disappears without a trace, literally) but just kind of walked away a bit. Good luck :)

Arthur finally managed to gain weight. "You are now at your maximum weight" popped up at one point :laughsm:

The trick is to keep drinking moonshine and eating crackers in turns until you pass out. Every time you wake up, you'll have gained some weight. At the time, it works for hair tonic as well, when you come to a message might pop up that your hair tonic has worn off, drink 3 bottles of that hair tonic and then keep going with the moonshine routine as before until you've gained enough weight. Both hair tonic and weight changes require day/night changes which can be forced by passing out. The other effect of moonshine is that it drains your health core which you replenish with snacks, like crackers, hence the gain in weight after passing out. I recommend the Emerald Ranch right in front of the fence for that endeavour for two reasons: no enemies nearby (neither animals nor humans) and the fence sells moonshine in case you're running out of supplies. :anigrin:

woken up at the fence with maximum weight

SPT is doped and Arthur is drunk

full and wasted, Arthur is slouching on horseback

Big Boy

big Arthur taking care of SPT

Dweller_Benthos

So booze and crackers makes you fat? Funny.
D_B

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Drank booze but had no crackers, so I didn't get fat. Online daily quest was to buy five drinks in a saloon, so I did and a couple other players had the same idea. I skedaddled once I was done though, there were dead bodies in the street outside and I didn't want to know how they got there. Shot a deer and sold it to make up the money for daily stable fees, and that was about it. Tried to switch over to the story mode but it never did after 10 minutes so I closed it and did something else.

D_B

Art Blade

"daily stable fee" ??? :'( :banghead:

I'm never going to go online because everything boils down to grinding for money AND to deal with random human blockheads ::)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it's pretty much the same as paying the mechanic in GTA, or the upkeep fee for an apartment. I think it's 50 or 75¢ so it's not much but something that can add up if you're not actively adding to your money. Killing and selling one deer every couple days keeps you ahead of it. Once I get a few more daily quests done, I'll see how much more I want to do and if I want to keep it up for a month to get the full reward.
D_B

Art Blade

I went through all of that during my active time in GTAV online. Daily objectives and whatnot, always grinding, grinding, grinding. And always new stuff being released that was more expensive than the last so we kept grinding even more to be able to buy all that stuff and while we were at it, new stuff was being released.. all in all, it was more of a chore than a pleasant casual gaming experience.

Now in RDR2 single player, I can control everything and it's my own choice whether or not I want to get something and how much I want to grind. No running costs except perhaps for hay but even that is almost not worth mentioning with my current balance of $31,000+ at I think ¢15 a piece and a "loading capacity" in my inventory of 99 pieces. It's more of the type that makes sense to me, a horse needs food. I could just as well go and pick wild carrots (the next best free thing to feed a horse with) but the amount of time it takes to "reap" tons of carrots is just not so tempting. I much rather pick some when I happen to see some AND feel like picking them.

Art Blade

I just have to post this one although it's two weeks old now. :anigrin:

"hitch your horse to a tree," they said.

Dweller_Benthos

Lol I think that's the rare tree horse, looks like he's trying to sneak up on you
D_B

Art Blade

nah, my horse wouldn't sneak up on me.. I think he's spying on me to learn that secret horse ointment recipe :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳