Red Dead Screenies

Started by BinnZ, December 09, 2019, 11:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I found what must be his lab last night while doing an online quest, interesting place, and yeah about 30-40 years ahead of it's time, no matter how smart you are. The tower outside looks to be a copy of Tesla's power transmission experiment which didn't happen until the 1930's I believe.

Well, there's that guy you're finding rock carvings for who's obviously a time traveler, so maybe the guy who made the robot is too?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

only the lab guy seems to have failed miserably. :anigrin:

He's a mission giver in Saint Denis where you can play with a remote-controlled mini sub and sink mini ships as a proof of concept for him, quite funny.

Art Blade

mules are so cute! :bigsmile:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

John 2 SPT 3
Explaining: SPT 1 for "Arthur 1," SPT 2 for "John 1," and SPT 3 for "John 2"
"Arthur 2" never officially met SPT 3
so SPT 3 is discovered for the first time by "John 2"
during this 2nd playthrough and will therefore never die. :bigsmile:

John and his three horses
I just can't stop doing it :anigrin:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

cheers. :)

spooky (magnify pic)

Dweller_Benthos

That is one spooky look. Dang cougars always get the jump on me, don't know what it is, but I can't seem to shoot them before they spook my horse and it dumps me and I have to shoot it on foot. Maybe because they blend so well with the foliage? Oh and one time I messed up the dead eye (still don't know how that's supposed to w0#k) and it dang near mauled me.
D_B

Art Blade

:anigrin:

I'm currently doing the master hunter challenge 6 (again) which is shooting 5 cougars with bow and arrow (and skinning 5 cougars) so heh, I know what you mean. Although I know how to handle that.

The trick is to listen for that typical cat roar which typically precedes the actual "event" of the cat jumping you. As soon as you heard it, keep a close eye on the mini map for that red dot to pop up any time soon from the direction the roar came. And relax.. knowing these two things gives you all the time in the world to anticipate and terminate the cougar. :anigrin:

Art Blade

just thinking, I believe that it would be beneficial for you if you advanced the story into chapter 3 (the train robbery mission) so that you get rid of the "baby" dead eye with auto-pasting but marking exactly what you want to mark, manually. Default key is Q for that.

LowPolyOWG

That owl definitely looks spooky.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

LOL @ LowPoly hehe

Oh yeah, I hear the cougar, see the red dot on the map, look there, nothing. Don't see anything. I know it's there, can't see it until it pops out somewhere close next to my horse, which dumps me.

Dead eye? Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, maybe it's Tuesday and it's got that day off. The little hint tip to get it working flashed on the screen for 2.3 seconds when I first activated it months ago and I couldn't read more than the first two words before it disappeared, much less understood what it meant and how to use it. Sometimes I get the red X's to appear on the target. Maybe about 10-15% of tries, other times it does nothing. And of those times where I do get red X's on the target, maybe half the times it actually shoots those targets. Last time I actually got it to activate, then paint X's (on a cougar no less), I must have done something wrong because the X's disappeared and I shot nothing, the cougar spooked my horse, dumped me off and I had to shoot it manually. Mostly now I just ignore dead eye because it doesn't w0#k for me.
D_B

Art Blade

how about you practice eagle eye and dead eye when you're not under stress? Like, go to a lake or river side, and practice "boss fights" with a seagull or a Peking duck. Much better than deciding not to use it because "it doesn't w0#k" while in reality you simply don't know how to use it. Learn how to use it. And as always, "you need to learn how to walk first if you want to run" and "practice makes perfect." It really isn't that hard ;)

Art Blade

I see you found my vid.. hope the explanations in the comments section helped.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it's one of those things that just rubs me the wrong way. They make a game and then figure out that some (most?) players have trouble playing because the aiming is hard, especially on a console using a controller, so like Fallout's VATS, they add a system to essentially "cheat" and make the game more playable, or easy, if you will. Maybe eventually I'll figure out how it works, I did have a few successes last night going against some deer and other non threatening varmints, as you suggested. But it still feels awkward and weird, I'd rather just aim and shoot.
D_B

Art Blade

there are very few reasons that require you to use it. For instance, one of those "challenges" is to shoot three hats off three people's heads during the same dead eye. You cannot get that challenge done without.

Other that that, you don't need it unless you want to craft something that requires, say, 10 perfect snake skins like that saddle. Show me how you do that without dead eye. But then again.. none of those things like a stats-boosting saddle are absolutely necessary.

mandru

I saw a post on another site where two players who had competed 1 on 1 in a first person shooter against one another were discussing their match.

One of them asked "How are you so damn accurate with every one of your shots?"

The other posted a photo of his monitor which had a gripper tripod set up in front of it that was clasping a 4 inch magnifying glass set at the proper angle and viewing distance centered on the perfect sweet spot for aiming.

:anigrin:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳