Xbox Series X

Started by LowPolyOWG, December 13, 2019, 04:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Btw, didn't bother with the All Access program so I paid full price for my cube. Along with a 2 year insurance plan just in case something bad happens. Which was like $600 in total.

I will use my gold chrome Xbox One controller and my "old" 1080p 144 Hz monitor to plug it in.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: LowPolyOWG on October 20, 2020, 09:40:06 AM
Sadly, not going to get it by release, but expected on the 8th December.

This comment didn't age well :laughsm:
Posten/Bring's tracking app notified that my (X)box had shipped from Oslo this morning. Guess I made it into the 1st batch and people might have cancelled/been rejected as scalpers  :anigrin:

As with all new stuff, bugs are expected.

Variable refresh rate + 120 fps is broken on select TVs. Not the Xbox's fault, you need to firmware update the TV. I don't have this type of TV, but I will connect the Box to my 144 Hz 1080p monitor.

Unicronic Art's EA Play service is broken (app cannot launch on XSX machines, old Xbox One works fine).

Some games do not support the Quick Resume feature.

Speaking of KB/M adapters, the Cronus/XIM creators are looking into support for next gen. Right now, users are spoofing their Xbox One controllers for KB/M compatibility. Might take some weeks until support, as they will definitely make sure people can enjoy the adapters on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S

Art Blade

good luck with all that, LP :)

Dweller_Benthos

I didn't realize they were shipping already, nice! Hopefully the bugs are limited and it mostly works on arrival.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

when I read "I didn't realize they were shipping already, nice! Hopefully the bugs are" I instantly went to auto-completion mode as follows: "already installed."

mandru

*** edit - I may have jumped the gun with the following post and these claims may be fake ***

LowPolyOWG keep a close eye on your unit when you fire it up.

Calling the Xbox X a fridge may be picking the wrong kitchen appliance.  :undecided-new:

I've seen a picture some videos of them smoking like a BBQ Grill.  It has been reported that there have been other incidents of them over heating and basically frying.

Maybe Google "Xbox x smoking".

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, that was confirmed fake.

Anyway, due to limits, I can only do 1080p60 rather than 1080p120  :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

Some impressions after two weeks of owning one:

• Loads games very fast. Sadly, not many enhanced titles to play.
  • A subscription is required to play online multiplayer
  • To get the most of it, a HDMI 2.1 TV or monitor is required, if you want to run games at 120 fps

Spec wise, it beats the *bleep* out of my current laptop/desktop. Also rivals current high end machines for it's price, if one were to target Xbox Series X spec (1TB PCIE-4 NVMe SSD, RTX 2080/RX 6800, Ryzen R7 3700, 16GB of system memory).

It feels weird going back to a controller for shooters. I expect developers to make current gen optimized titles after 2021. Then we might see a generational leap. :)

LowPolyOWG

After buying a HDMI-DP cable that supports DP 1.2, I can now use the 120 Hz mode on my monitor :bigsmile:

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, way cheaper solution, rather than spending €200-500 on a premium monitor :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳