Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I never did like those eagles in FC4  :evil2:

Spoiler

PZ

However, I loved the C96 Broomhandle  :evil2:

Spoiler

PZ

Although kind of long at nearly 5 minutes, this will give you a reasonable view on game play

Spoiler

PZ

Is Longinus Prosper Kouassi?

[spoiler text=Video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxhd2ObxKqU[/spoiler]

LowPolyOWG

Still messing around in Kyrat, eh?
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

These are some of the pics I took when I was playing the game a long time ago, however, looking at the videos and pics reminded me that I still want to get the PC version of the game so I can apply mods  :bigsmile:

Art Blade

OK, let's add another volume of "to-do" books. :anigrin:

PZ

:D

I can also call it "delayed gratification"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Actually, some of those games it's been so long since I played them, it would be like a new game now, almost. Just like watching re-runs of old Star Trek shows that I haven't seen in decades is like watching them new again.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I guess that is one positive benefit of my failing memory - I can play games as if they are brand new  :gnehe:

I remembered those videos (and playing at the time) only after watching them again. Playing FC4 right now would be just like a new experience for me

Art Blade

I think that is normal, not due to failing memory. I am pretty sure that any one of us would start almost like a complete newbie but then the game will trigger memories and you'll be getting the hang of it WAY faster than any actual newbie.

LowPolyOWG

Same thing here, Art, I still remember how to play games I enjoyed in my childhood. Wish I had a PS2, lots of good titles I remember  :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

Nice pics and clips PZ :thumbsup:

I actually never stopped playing FC4 and have now been through it numerous times. I like the extensive array of weaponry, the many random "mini-missions" that pop up, and the spontaneous, unpredictable action. I haven't played it exclusively, of course - along the way I have had lengthy affairs with XCOM, GTA V and Civ V, and a few much shorter-lived dalliances with No Man's Sky and Civ VI. I keep coming back to FC4 though. I have never even looked at FC3 again since FC4 came out.

Yeah, those eagles stink, especially when they dive-bomb you in the middle of a firefight :banghead: But if you stay close to a tree or under a roof of some sort when one is around, it can't actually get to you.

I still get an adrenaline hit from the rumble of an oncoming rhino charge, especially when it takes me by surprise and I can't immediately tell where it's coming from :gnehe:

Regarding Longinus, I think there can be no doubt that he is an older Prosper Kouassi. The only two characters that ever get bumped off at Goka Falls in FC2 are him or Dr. Gakumba, depending on which way you went with the game. Longinus looks and sounds way more like Kouassi than Gakumba. Longinus is a fun character, one of my faves in FC4.

PZ

Quote from: fraggerI have never even looked at FC3 again since FC4 came out.

Thanks, and that's encouraging fragger  :thumbsup:  I kind of liked FC3, and found FC4 a bit more interesting, so I still have it on my bargain basement list for the PC  :thumbsup:

Tags:
🡱 🡳