Far Cry 4

Started by PZ, February 22, 2017, 04:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Hoenstly, I like FC4 more due to the introduction of driveby mechanics and the huge weapon variety. FC3 for its mods though, too bad Gibbed dropped development of his tools...

I wonder when the next Far Cry game is coming out, there's been 3 years since FC4's release and 1 year since FC Primal.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

I too hope for the best, but am skeptical at this point - Primal was the worst iteration so far in my personal opinion - I did not even purchase any version.  Last night I went in to FO3, then FO4, then JC2, and all required too much relearning of the controls.  I finally went back into FC2 and had a couple of hours of fun game play.  I guess I am basically a lazy gamer - unwilling to learn and stick to a game long enough to make it worthwhile. Likely I am rather alone in this way of gaming, but that's the way it is for me - a simplistic gamer that needs to keep it as simple as possible in a world where controls are becoming increasingly more complicated.

Art Blade

Windows 3.11 with Solitaire and Minesweeper might be just the right choice for you  :gnehe:

PZ

:D

Too boring though - nothing to shoot

Art Blade

alright, DOOM, castle Wolfenstein, DukeNukem3D.. end 1980s/early 1990s  :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin: You should give Doom (2016) a try. The campaign is highly praised :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on February 26, 2017, 12:38:48 PM
alright, DOOM, castle Wolfenstein, DukeNukem3D.. end 1980s/early 1990s  :anigrin:
:D :thumbsup: Wolfenstein was my favorite at the time!  I recall making level maps for Wolfenstein

I never did find much interest in Doom and Duke though  :undecided-new:

fragger

I only liked Duke 3D for the easy use of its map editor and accessibility of the Build engine. Once I started making my own deathmatch maps for me and my friends to play on, we had a ball with it 8)

PZ, if you liked FC3, I'm sure you would enjoy FC4. I'd say jump on it if you find a bargain for it sometime :)

Quote from: OWGKID on February 26, 2017, 02:49:47 AM
Hoenstly, I like FC4 more due to the introduction of driveby mechanics and the huge weapon variety.

Same here, GKID. Adding the option of being able to shoot and throw grenades/Molotovs while driving made a big difference to the game, I thought :thumbsup: Especially from a Buzzer! I like dropping Molotovs all over the bad guys from above :evil2:

PZ

I'll definitely do FC4 when it becomes cheap enough  O0

I played the PS4 version (not sure I finished it but I doubt it) and I found many things more fun.  The fact that I can apply mods to the PC version makes it attractive to me.  :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

Isthereanydeal is a good site to check for game deals from legal resellers. Also, remember that you can get a -20 discount code from Uplay if you have 100 Uplay points ;)

PZ

Thanks for the link - the only problem I have is that I need physical media rather than a download - right now the DVD is on Amazon for $14.95

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, I forgot that. That's something I like about UBI*bleep*, they provide us PC gamers with physical copies :) There's not that many studios doing that now

PZ

I just checked Steam and UBI*bleep*, and both still want $29, so the Amazon price  of $15 is quite good.  I'd still like it a bit lower though.

Art Blade

I got mine as a gift from UBI*bleep*, I would love to pass it to you but that is impossible.

LowPolyOWG

Well, looks like Uplay have gotten a guide for keyboard switches on their client now :huh-new: PZ, you might want to update your Uplay client if you haven't done so, otherwise, you'll spend more time downloading stuff than gaming :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳