Far Cry 4

Started by PZ, February 22, 2017, 04:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I really liked FC4.  I played through it several times (the first time with no cheats) to follow out the various story lines and endings.

But once UBI*bleep* killed the ability to use command line edits I was using (through notepad++) on the additional times through I lost interest in it and UBI*bleep*.

(Huh, when I say just the three letters U B I the filter is adding the *bleep* all on its own.  ::) )
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Quote from: mandru on April 06, 2017, 09:34:51 AM
(Huh, when I say just the three letters U B I the filter is adding the *bleep* all on its own.  ::) )

:laughsm: :thumbsup:

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

fragger

LowPolyOWG

I decided to restart my modded playthrough. Decided to crank up the difficulty to hard, just to give me a challenge :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

It is a challenge, I have died more often than usual :-X

I also started to use my Guns for Hire tokens to attack outposts. It's fun :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Literally friendly fire :D :evil2:

Screw cargo trucks :gnehe:

Decided to call a friend for help :)

PZ

I might get this game for the PC just to be able to mod, when it goes into the bargain basement. :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

FC4 was certainly rushed by UBI*bleep*, in a horrible attempt to sell CoD :huh-new: :angry-new: I discovered this unfinished rock

PZ

fragger

Yeah, there's few of those. There are also a couple of holes in the map where you can get stuck under the scenery, and a few places where you can simply get stuck. A fast travel gets you out of trouble though.

There was a spot in FC3 where you could inadvertently jump through a wall at the back of a cave and find yourself in a place full of square blocks with the word "Placeholder" printed on them. Apparently the devs forgot to go back later and finish off that bit. Oops... :undecided-new: :-[ :gnehe: I posted a picture of it on the old site, if you can be bothered going back there to find it.

LowPolyOWG

I'll try to be Art and see if I can find it :anigrin: Unless he finds that first :D ;D

It's fairly common that there are stuff left behind in the games. GTA V still got the SCAR-H, XM-25, M25SR rifle textures present in the game files, despite those weapons not appearing in the game.

I watched some early 2011 FC3 footage which graphically looked quite different from what we got in 2012. Funnily, through modding, you can find E3 demo weapons being left-overs.

fragger

I can't even remember how to get to the old site, or I'd go looking for that picture. I don't have a link to it anymore since getting a new PC.

Tags:
🡱 🡳