Far Cry 4

Started by PZ, February 22, 2017, 04:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I never played any of the DLC for FC4 I don't think. Wasn't aware there was any lol. Maybe I should look that up.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Might be worth a go. We sure did enjoy FC4 back in the day

PZ

One of the best simple mods from the installer is to change the "hold" requirement (for pressing the "E" key to loot, interact, etc.) to a simple single click. I don't know how UBI*bleep* could have thought that holding a key that you need to use so often is best served by requiring the gamer to hold the key down for a couple of wasted seconds.

I'm enjoying the game, but I think I'll go back to FC5 because for some reason the mod installer for FC4 does not contain the editors for weapons, sights, and rewards like it does in FC5. The weapons are okay in FC4, but I like the overpowered edited weapons I'm using in FC5. I also don't care for silenced weapons that don't sound suppressed.

LowPolyOWG

O0

Yeah, hold to interact is dumb, especially for a fast paced shooter game that Far Cry is
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

I started a new game or, well, came back to a save that was really early in the game to replace Blood Dragon on the Saturday stream, so I bought the DLCs as well. I will have to look up the mod installer then to get rid of the hold button to do anything function. They add that for for filthy console users who are using a controller to walk around with instead of the proper mouse and keyboard that God intended humans to use.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 18, 2023, 07:43:38 AM
.... They add that for for filthy console users ...

Hey, watch that bad language, buddy - I'm a console user!

:laughsm:

Seriously, that mod installer does wonders for the game, in fact, all of the FC games  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Present company excepted, of course. lol   O0  I'm sure you're not filthy and bathe regularly!   :laughsm:

But no really, the whole hold button to do anything is a console thing, because controllers are so imprecise that they had to add it so people didn't click on some accidentally.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 19, 2023, 08:04:33 AM
Present company excepted, of course. lol   O0  I'm sure you're not filthy and bathe regularly!   :laughsm:

Sure was a good one! Life is too short not to laugh whenever you can! :laughsm:

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 19, 2023, 08:04:33 AM
But no really, the whole hold button to do anything is a console thing, because controllers are so imprecise that they had to add it so people didn't click on some accidentally.

Totally agree  :thumbsup: I mostly use the console when I cannot sit at a computer. The worst part of the console is not being able to mod games.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that's both a plus and a minus for consoles, no mods, so you know in multiplayer that it's unlikely that someone is cheating, but in a single player game, no mod fun lol
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Managed to restore the FC3 animal skin mechanic so now you get 2x skins from regular kills. Karma kills now gives you 4x the skins  :anigrin: You still need to buy the Harvest Master perk for this though

Dweller_Benthos

Not bad. I usually don't get a lot of skins because well, using a rocket launcher on an animal usually damages the skin lol.
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on July 13, 2023, 07:48:00 AM
Not bad. I usually don't get a lot of skins because well, using a rocket launcher on an animal usually damages the skin lol.

:laughsm:

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Another perk restoration, the loot sale price bonus from FC3  :anigrin:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Did 990% as a test  :laughsm: Jokes aside, the mod only lets you pick between 25% (Far Cry 3 default) to 200%, in increments of 25%

Vanilla prices for comparison

200% bonus

Dweller_Benthos

Not bad. the problem is, money in this game becomes pointless after a while. You have only so much you can spend it on an then you just buy weapon skins you never use to get space in your wallet for the cash you do pick up. I suppose you could just let it be full but then you'd keep seeing the annoying message "Wallet is full" all the time.

Same with animal skins, once you've crafted the upgrades for storage, there's no need for them except to sell them and then you've got the above problem.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳