Red Dead Videos

Started by Art Blade, December 19, 2019, 11:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

still coarse, bloody post-processing :banghead: wait a few minutes so you can SEE the snake, unlike that 360p rubbish, a 1080p60 is worth waiting for :anigrin:

Art Blade

Art Blade

by the way, if you see a perfect snake and your small games arrow doesn't hit the "sweet spot" (red coloured zones) it will MOST likely only injure the snake and by that, ruin its skin. Even if the track still shows 3 stars, it won't be perfect any more if you have to hit it again and even if the snake just croaks, as far as I know, it won't be a perfect snake skin, either. Same goes for any animal you hit more than once.

Your BEST bet is to track an animal until it stops moving for whatever reasons or, same effect, if you spot an animal that's not moving. Take your aim, typically a headshot, and typically using dead-eye, and kill it. Make sure you're not TOO far away or your shot might lose the power needed for a kill.

Art Blade

oh and having said that, the grizzly.. I used an improved arrow which kills EVERYTHING there is in the game, it is the equivalent of a long-scoped sniper rifle shot with express ammo. Also, the grizzly, it was a moving target but you could clearly see the red zones (for lethal hits) I was aiming at and it did kill the bear with one shot.

mandru

Art, I've viewed several of you RDR videos and found them to be pretty amusing.  Thanks for posting them.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

mandru, thanks for watching them :) I don't record just everything, the game is too big. I only record when I can somewhat foresee the outcome AND if it's worth watching. You kind of confirmed that it worked. :) I think you're going to find the ones you haven't watched yet to be amusing as well ;) I particularly recommend the 2nd vid in the very first post, the one with a massive brawl. That was the only vid I that was supposed to be something completely different and it turned into an epic bare-knuckle fistfight, and I mean EPIC. Grab some snacks and something to wash them down with while watching that one :anigrin: And the Aberdeen Pig Farm which was more like a complete story, it was an elaborate random event. :)

Art Blade

I could have named this vid "Tennessee Walker vs Grizzly (2)" as I already killed a grizzly from horseback using a bow. The first vid might have looked a bit too easy because I had some distance between my horse and the bear. This time, however, it's up close and personal :anigrin: I love Tennessee Walkers because they only complain a little AFTER the event. Enjoy :)

Art Blade

And one more because my horse is very eager today. :anigrin:

You're looking for a perfect horse? I believe the Tennessee Walker is the perfect horse. Here I win a race and right after that, a snake pops up and I kill it from horseback. My TW stays cool :D Enjoy

By the way, at the very end, when I brush the horse: observe the bottom left corner, specifically the hind feet of the horse which are dirty, how long it takes to get them completely white again. Brushing isn't done by hitting that button once, rule of thumb is to let the button go from grey to white (for the next brush action) about 10 times to really clean your horse. When my horse starts to "tell me stories" I usually think: "what, got black feet again?" :anigrin: They do complain when they're getting dirty. :) Also, whenever I'm about to get on my horse, I look at its feet whether they're dirty (easy when they're supposed to be white) and I jokingly think, "you pig, you've got black feet again!" :anigrin: But it's a habit to brush the horse whenever possible, that's also a good time to check the cores of the horse. If they're not filled completely (like, if they're a tad grey on top) the horse needs food or the overall health will deteriorate and the status will drop from fit to thin to malnourished. Better to have a fit horse.. you want it to be fit when you need it. Maybe that's one of the reasons why my horse is easy to handle under stress and panics comparatively less than other horses, even if they're well-fed.

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting, I'll have to note what the horse looks like while brushing it, as I normally play 1st person, I don't see the whole horse while brushing. I usually give him two or three brushings and head off. It's one of the things I don't like about the game at all, it seems fiddly and time wasting. But I know my horses are almost always complaining that they need brushing even just a few minutes after I just brushed them.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Brushing is an important part of the horse bit of the game and that's a big bit. I like it because in 3rd person it never gets old to see the horse enjoy getting brushed off :bigsmile:

As to feeding, I can tell it's a LOT more complicated without having fully upgraded all the satchels. I haven't got ANY (as it is a goal I set for myself to find out whether I can just buy them from the fence as John and I want to know how expensive they are, or whether they still need crafting which I really, really don't hope. And I want to manage with JUST the basic satchel until becoming John. :gnehe:

So, with just 3 item slots for most of the stuff, like hay, it's like driving a 1970s Cadillac with a tank capacity of just half a gallon. You just don't get far. I'm constantly visiting stables to stuff my horse and refill my 3 item slots for the next trip. Actually, it's ALMOST as if the hay lasts just long enough for trips between stables  :D

Art Blade

This is a horse for you, Dweller :anigrin:

Once more, I rescued a horse.. here, an edited video story. It's pretty unique, I haven't seen anyone doing that before, Enjoy :)

Oh, for some reason, "horse master" springs to mind.. :-X

You may know that random horse race. First race he slaps his horse in the head, second race he kills it with a headshot. I've come across numerous comments, remarks, posts and questions how to prevent it but I've not yet seen anyone keeping the horse for themselves. Doesn't mean that I'm the only one but at least I can show it to you and it's my very own approach. Here is the full story and how you can prevent that guy from killing his horse, without losing your honour, and even keep the horse for yourself. Before I could stable it, I decided to help a random guy being attacked by wolves. I killed them from horseback, using the new race horse. It's quite a handful :) Enjoy.

mandru

Save the horse...

Spoiler
...by leaving his former owner hog tied for the wolves.

Seems like a fair trade to me.  :anigrin:
- mandru

Art Blade

Art Blade

you could argue I had a heart for wolves. His heart, still wrapped in his body. :gnehe:

mandru

- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳