Opera GX browser

Started by PZ, January 20, 2020, 08:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Any of you guys know much about the Opera gaming browser?

BinnZ

Nope... Gaming browser?

Is that a game streaming service? Like you don't need expensive hardware?
"No hay luz"

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Thanks nex, I thought it would be something like that  O0

BinnZ

Well, that's a totally unimportant thing then, isn't it? ;)
"No hay luz"

fragger

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that the best option of all would be to simply close your browser altogether when you're gaming. If you really need to do something else online while you're gaming, the browser is only an Alt-Tab and a click or two away. Plus I don't know why anybody would need constant gaming news updates while they're gaming.

I don't see how having anything additional running on your machine during gaming could possibly enhance its performance. It's just more stuff taking up RAM and CPU, simple as that. The browser's limiters may help to streamline things, but the best limiter of all would be to turn off as much extraneous software as possible during your gaming session, including your browser. That's my take on it, anyway.

In fact, if I've had other things running before gaming - 3D-modelling and graphics software, internet, whatever - I'll usually reboot the PC before I launch a game. A cold boot that is, not a restart. I know that Photoshop and many 3D programs leave parts of themselves in memory after being run for the first time in any given Windows session in order to fire up faster should you close them down and later reopen them (in the same session), and the same is probably true of other software. I like to start a game with a clean slate as it were, with as little other stuff in memory as possible.

Art Blade

with 32GB RAM and 24 CPU cores I don't care nor do I notice other running applications like a browser when playing games. I mostly keep it open to ALT-tab out to some interactive maps or other game-related information I might need but I also close the browser once in a while.

nex

Agree with you fragger, I only have D3DGear running while in a game,
It's so freaking hot here, I removed both side panels from the PC's box, have a 6" exterior fan
running permanently pointed at the inside of the box and I increased the GPU fan's speed by
10% to keep things cool while in-game, I don't need anything else to heat up the works.

Dweller_Benthos

Pack it with dry ice? lol

Or that liquid that fills the entire case? Didn't someone post a video of that here a while ago?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I watched a vid once about a whole PC drowned in a fish tank filled with fossil oil for "coolant" and it worked. You shouldn't do that with a normal fish tank filled with water, especially not with fish in it, though..

Dweller_Benthos

This isn't the same video I saw before but is the same material. Apparently this is mostly for servers and big data centers. In this video they mention it being able to run 16 graphics cards, so maybe that will run RDR2 at max settings and keep 60 FPS? LOL

I think I recall the stuff costing $400 a gallon or something like that, so cooling your home PC with it is a bit costly.

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

that's pretty cool, literally :thumbsup: :anigrin:

nex

Quote from: Art Blade on January 22, 2020, 01:03:57 PM
I watched a vid once about a whole PC drowned in a fish tank filled with fossil oil for "coolant" and it worked. You shouldn't do that with a normal fish tank filled with water, especially not with fish in it, though..
Watching a fish dodging the GPU fan  ???

Art Blade

fragger

Great conversation piece though :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳