PZza

Started by BinnZ, April 04, 2020, 07:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

The oven I had was 1.5 meters in diameter and I made my fire in the back righthand side.
With small ovens you don't have that luxury, so you make your fire on the side of the opening which is
comfortable for you leaving enough space for the pizza on the opposite side of the opening.

Have a look at where this guy has his fire, some people start the fire in the middle then move it to
the side, I start it in one place and leave it there. Remember, you only need two to three logs to
start your fire and a small oven should take from cold to hot about 40 minutes, test it by sprinkling
a little water on the floor of the oven where the pizzas will bake, the water should be gone after about 5 seconds.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Respect is earned, not given.

BinnZ

I wish I had anything near an oven like that. My oven is an electric built in kitchen oven from Miele (at least the brand is good, German engineering :P) that can go up to 250 degrees Celsius. Which is enough for pizzas. Inside I have a pizza stone (round flat stone meant to use on BBQ's) to be able to heat the crust enough so it won't stay crude. Each pizza takes about roughly 5 minutes to bake.
I top the pizzas before putting them in the oven, the real Italian thing. I even toss the dough up in the air to show off  :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

nex

We have a company here specializing in gas heaters, stoves and BBQ's, they have a gas pizza oven with a stone floor
500x340X15mm, it fits perfectly inside my electric oven. Not the real thing but it does the job. I assume basically
the same thing you have BinnZ.
When I built our Patio I had space for a 3burner gas stove, my smoker and space for either a BBQ or pizza oven (I
was going to build it), instead, I opted for a gas BBQ which I built.
A pizza shouldn't take more than 5 to 7 min, whether the dough is raw or prooved, in my opinion, which doesn't amount
to much, the only difference with the dough being raw the crust won't be as crispy right through.
Oh and by the way, by the looks of it, there's nothing wrong with your pizza BinnZ. 

PZ

We get a nice crispy crust by par baking it first before adding any toppings. My wife likes to sprinkle Kosher salt  on the top side, which will become the bottom side after we take the crisp crust out, flip it upside down, and add the toppings for the final bake. I have to admit that I really like the salt on the tongue when eating the pizza.

I've tried making the fire in the back or the sides, but building it in the middle under the highest part of the dome seems to heat my particular oven more evenly. However, I don't know it it is just my imagination.  :gnehe:

BinnZ

Quote from: nex on April 06, 2020, 11:16:59 PM
Oh and by the way, by the looks of it, there's nothing wrong with your pizza BinnZ.

Heheh, thanx nex. It's just that I would really like to have a wood oven, because of the taste it adds (smokiness) and the whole idea around it.  :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

makes me wonder, could such a pizza oven be used "off-label?" A nice steak, in and out, quickly done and that wood smoke taste.. PZ, you could try to create a steak pizza! :bigsmile:

Must be funny to see the butcher's face :gnehe:

"No no no no no, not those steaks. I need them to be bigger. Kind of the size of a toilet lid."

PZ

I've not done steaks, but I have done roasted chicken, which was delicious!

Art Blade

nex

No problem starting the fire in the center PZ, and when the oven is nice and
warm you just move it to one side, clean the floor where the fire was and you're on your way.

You're so right BinnZ, the smokiness is what makes a pizza, and my wife will kill me
if I make fire in the oven   :'(

PZ

So true - the smokiness is what makes a wood fired pizza special.

Tags:
🡱 🡳