The Great Toilet Paper Rush of 2020

Started by fragger, March 05, 2020, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

that is really a great move, and so satisfying :thumbsup: :anigrin:

now they're going to sell TP on the darknet where other people sell illegal items :laughsm:

PZ

What is pathetic about toilet paper shortage is that people aren't sharting any more now than before the pandemic. These fools hoarding are pathetic, selfish, greedy morons that care about no one but themselves. If people would only purchase as they always have, there would not be shortages.

Of course, I can understand beer hoarding  :gnehe:

Art Blade

fragger

Beer is one thing that isn't being hoarded here. I am still in Australia, aren't I? :huh-new:

Art Blade

can't see you from here, can't really tell.

Dweller_Benthos

I checked my TP supply and figure I'm good for a while. Some time ago I had bought a large bundle because I like not having to go to the store all the time so stuff like TP and paper towels that aren't going to spoil I buy the huge bundle every couple months or even longer, just so I can save trips to the  store. So I should be good, figuring the normal usage, for quite a while yet.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: fragger on March 19, 2020, 02:23:03 AM
Beer is one thing that isn't being hoarded here. I am still in Australia, aren't I? :huh-new:

:laughsm: :thumbsup: - although my thinking is a bit obtuse, reminds me of the group at the check point in the intro sequence in FC2

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on March 19, 2020, 07:52:28 AM
I checked my TP supply and figure I'm good for a while. Some time ago I had bought a large bundle because I like not having to go to the store all the time so stuff like TP and paper towels that aren't going to spoil I buy the huge bundle every couple months or even longer, just so I can save trips to the  store. So I should be good, figuring the normal usage, for quite a while yet.

About a year ago my wife had me install a bidet in our master bathroom, so I'm good - don't even need toilet paper  :gnehe:

Art Blade

in these parts they must have read about Australia's mania and now ALL our supermarkets display empty shelves where they used to have TP. Are people gone completely crazy? Rice, Oatmeal and Noodles have gone, too.

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

fragger

Over here, "long life" milk and anti-bacterial spray have apparently been added to the hoarders' shopping lists. And pasta. And mince. Every time I go to the supermarket (which I do two or three times a week in the course of my volunteer community aid activities) there are more and more empty shelves. At this rate, there'll be nothing but spices and gourmet sauces left. The inmates have taken over the sanitarium ::)

lol nex, I used to love Tom and Jerry :gnehe:

Art Blade

yeah, same here :anigrin:

And, same here. Soap and hand sanitizers are now almost gone and canned food is starting to vanish.

PZ

It is a shame that small minded people who are so afraid of everything are making it difficult for the rest of humanity. It is beginning to look like an episode of The Walking Dead.

The bright light in my area is that Costco (a huge chain) is limiting the amount that a hoarder can purchase. My wife went there yesterday and managed to snag a package of toilet paper!  :gnehe: She is giving it to our son, who is nearly ready to move into what we call our little house.

Increasing numbers of retailers are limiting the number of items purchased - like anything, if we do not limit stupidity, then stupidity reigns and chaos becomes the norm.

mandru

It is helpful that many if not all Costcos as a corporate policy has posted new non-return notices on many of the key items that the hoarders and profiteers have targeted as well as water, dry goods, and food stuffs that could be tamper prone.

If you google "Costco limits returns" and select the Images tab you can see the signs that are being posted.  I've also seen some Costco signs of return denials that are a lot more restrictive on current returns accepted.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

so far, over here we're not yet reacting to hoarders. People notice, people copy, and the rest is getting angry.

BinnZ

On a positive side note; we get really handy with stuff like Microsoft Teams. A great way of limiting excessive commuting. And that is great news for our environmental issues :)
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳