Preparing a meal the benihana way

Started by LowPolyOWG, February 24, 2017, 11:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

So, we visited a Benihana restaurant during the last night on our trip in the U.S. Having the food prepared on the table was a different experience than the usual.

I wouldn't recommend trying this back home :-X
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

that was quite a show  :thumbsup: :)

I only know one restaurant that operates like that (and I ate there, also a nice show but not as over the top as shown in the vid) it's called Daitokai in Cologne. It has been in business for decades.

LowPolyOWG

Cool :) I wonder how many hours of practice the chefs have done to achieve this.

Art Blade

indeed; you need to be a chef AND an acrobat AND an entertainer. Quite the combination :) By the way, Daitokai is a Japanese restaurant.

PZ

Benihana is quite popular in the States, and I've visited them a few times when I was younger - my brother worked there when he was a kid. The show is better than the food however.  There's nothing wrong with the food, but nothing special either.

I must say however, that it is definitely the most entertaining food experience I've had  O0

LowPolyOWG

Indeed, it was entertaining. The restaurant in LA took pictures of us after we had finished eating there.

Art Blade

I think the same goes for Daitokai: good show, not so special the food. Not bad, either.

Art Blade

Haha, you know what? Maybe they hire acrobats and entertainer and then teach them how to cook  :D

LowPolyOWG

Tags:
🡱 🡳