Started by LowPolyOWG, April 07, 2017, 01:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

PZ

I'm with AB  :thumbsup:

I still fire up FC2 at times, rarely FC4 (mainly because I have it only on console), and never FC3 (which annoyed the heck out of me)

LowPolyOWG

fragger

To me, some sounds are better in some FCs than others, it's a bit of a mixture. Some weapons sound better in FC2 than FC4, some vice-versa. I notice that all the shots in the clip are outdoors. I can't recall if this is true of FC2/3, but one of the things I like about FC4 is how the weapon sounds are different indoors than outdoors, i.e. outdoors you hear the shot reverberating into the distance, while indoors it's a flat, contained sound. But generally speaking, I think FC3's sounds are the least good out of the lot.

LowPolyOWG

Yep, that is something I enjoy in other shooters as well. I extracted the sound files from Black Ops 3 and there's sounds effects for reverbation both indoors and outdoors. FC2/FC3 doesn't have that dynamical change.

Sound file from Black Ops 3 that I had to code myself for the guns. Notice how the secondary sounds are decay sounds.

LowPolyOWG

FC2 vs FC4

I would say the FC4 guns seems to have a wider channel of audio (reverbation and low frequency effects)

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳